Public charter
Las Vegas, NM
After care: No

Posted January 09, 2014
RGS has a new Director, Dr. Yann, who is doing amazing things with the school. I see great changes. My children are so happy at this school, they love the teachers, students, and the Director, -we are happy to have such a school in such a small town. My daughters gets Mandarin and Spanish, dance and art.. it's just how you want a school to be for your children. I highly recommend Rio!

Rio Gallinas School 2

Posted November 11, 2012
We cannot recommend this school for the higher grades. The pluses of this school are that the classes are small and kids get individual attention. The minuses are that all the issues facing larger schools are present - poor academics, bullying, theft, etc. - and not dealt with.

Rio Gallinas School 1

Posted May 18, 2012
No you can not have a cookie. Now go to your room. Now. And quit bothering me.

Rio Gallinas School 2

Posted March 15, 2011
I was a student a Rio Gallinas and I love almost all of the teachers. The learning was great and there was alot of good things happening. But something happend and suddenley the schools kids just turned around.. There isn't much learning going on because now there is ALOT of drama going on. Most of the kids aren't learning anything because they are mostly jjust thinking about 'who's dating who' and 'who stole her best friend'... I actually ended up transfering schools at the beginning of the second semester. I now go to Memorial Middle School and I have to say, I like it MUCH better. [= <33 Thayynkss.. F. Whitten..[=

Rio Gallinas School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
The school inspires all children to love learning. Many times the work doesn't seem like work but it is. My daughter has gained so much confidence in her school work and feels good about herself thanks to the great and kind friends she has made. The school has team building ways of taking on challenges. Also the food provided for lunches are organic when possible and always healthy.

Posted February 02, 2010
Our son recently enrolled at Rio Gallinas Elementary site after having a rough time at a local public school. So far he has had a 100% turn around for the better - he loves going to school now, he looks forward to school, he believes his teacher is the greatest, and he has a wonderful relationship with the principal. The dance and art classes, and the grow dome are such a pleasure for him. The lunch is delicious and healthy for the students, and all the staff have been kind and helpful. It is such a relief to finally find a school that focuses on the positive behavior of children, rather than the negative.

Posted October 03, 2009
Rio Gallinas is an amazing expeditionary learning school with fantastic food and teachers and staff who really care about the students' well being.

Posted November 13, 2008

Posted November 08, 2008
The expeditionary learning philosophy upon which Rio Gallinas is based is truly progressive and effective. The school has an excellent lunch program - healthful meals are prepared on site by a chef. The Director is focused on what is best for each child as an individual. The school is very focused on producing educated concerned citizens. The only down side is that it seems as if this school gets more than its share of kids with discipline problems. I admire the Director's approach to these challenges, which will certainly turn these kids around in the long run. Unfortunately, in the short term, the lack of discipline in many children hurts the learning environment of other students.

Posted October 09, 2008
I am an 8th grade student at rio gallinas. I just want to say that this school rocks. We have great curriculum, fun activities, and lots of field trips. Go rio gallinas! :d

Rio Gallinas School
301 Socorro Street, Las Vegas, NM  87701
Last modified Rio Gallinas School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Gallinas School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top