Bad
Good

RGS has a new Director, Dr. Yann, who is doing amazing things with the school. I see great changes. My children are so happy at this school, they love the teachers, students, and the Director, -we are happy to have such a school in such a small town. My daughters gets Mandarin and Spanish, dance and art.. it's just how you want a school to be for your children. I highly recommend Rio!

We cannot recommend this school for the higher grades. The pluses of this school are that the classes are small and kids get individual attention. The minuses are that all the issues facing larger schools are present - poor academics, bullying, theft, etc. - and not dealt with.

No you can not have a cookie. Now go to your room. Now. And quit bothering me.

I was a student a Rio Gallinas and I love almost all of the teachers. The learning was great and there was alot of good things happening. But something happend and suddenley the schools kids just turned around.. There isn't much learning going on because now there is ALOT of drama going on. Most of the kids aren't learning anything because they are mostly jjust thinking about 'who's dating who' and 'who stole her best friend'... I actually ended up transfering schools at the beginning of the second semester. I now go to Memorial Middle School and I have to say, I like it MUCH better. [= <33 Thayynkss.. F. Whitten..[=

The school inspires all children to love learning. Many times the work doesn't seem like work but it is. My daughter has gained so much confidence in her school work and feels good about herself thanks to the great and kind friends she has made. The school has team building ways of taking on challenges. Also the food provided for lunches are organic when possible and always healthy.

Our son recently enrolled at Rio Gallinas Elementary site after having a rough time at a local public school. So far he has had a 100% turn around for the better - he loves going to school now, he looks forward to school, he believes his teacher is the greatest, and he has a wonderful relationship with the principal. The dance and art classes, and the grow dome are such a pleasure for him. The lunch is delicious and healthy for the students, and all the staff have been kind and helpful. It is such a relief to finally find a school that focuses on the positive behavior of children, rather than the negative.

Rio Gallinas is an amazing expeditionary learning school with fantastic food and teachers and staff who really care about the students' well being.

The expeditionary learning philosophy upon which Rio Gallinas is based is truly progressive and effective. The school has an excellent lunch program - healthful meals are prepared on site by a chef. The Director is focused on what is best for each child as an individual. The school is very focused on producing educated concerned citizens. The only down side is that it seems as if this school gets more than its share of kids with discipline problems. I admire the Director's approach to these challenges, which will certainly turn these kids around in the long run. Unfortunately, in the short term, the lack of discipline in many children hurts the learning environment of other students.

I am an 8th grade student at rio gallinas. I just want to say that this school rocks. We have great curriculum, fun activities, and lots of field trips. Go rio gallinas! :d

For the first time in many, many years we are feeling relief with our choice to enroll our daughters into the Rio Gallinas Charter School. The staff is incredible! Their dedication and desire to provide an education and support to all the children is extremely evident in their enthusiasm and energy. We look forward to the school year and this new foundation our children will be able to build upon for years to come. T. Mills

Last modified Rio Gallinas School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.