Bad
Good

Mesilla Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school. All the people that work in this school are very caring and professional. Thanks MPES for your work, love and care to our children who are our tresures.

Mesilla Park Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2011
This school since day one has been a pain in my rear. Not so much the teachers but the Principal is the worst. She only cares about her numbers and doesn't care so much about the education that the children are getting. If you have a problem you will not get it fixed with her. Every time I have a problem end up at the superintendents office. The counselor is also a really difficult person to deal with as well. If you feel that your kids are not doing well within the first month get them out. Your problems will not get solved with the principal.

Mesilla Park Elementary School 5

Posted August 08, 2011
This is a very good school. The principal and teachers are very caring and are certified. Most of the parents support the school and have positive things to say about it. Even though many of the students come from disadvantaged backgrounds, there are no gangs. The school's test scores are consistently increasing each year. Of course, like other schools, there are a few parents who are always negative about everything.

Mesilla Park Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2010
This is a miserable excuse for a school. While the teachers are competent and caring, the student body makes this school a dangerous one. It's my opinion the principal is incompetent. My daughter was harmed 3 times in one week, culminating in a student putting her hands around my child's neck. The district safety officer could not guarantee my daughter would not be injured, and it took speaking to the superintendent to get a written action plan and a guarantee for my child's safety.

Mesilla Park Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2008
This school has been rated low performing for several years now and it is Title One. There are gang problems, even in first grade. The teacher my child had cared nothing about his privacy, publicly told each child his/her grade during class, refused requests for conferences, and allowed young children to walk home from school unaccompanied. I urge parents assigned to this school to reconsider. The district will allow your child to attend a better school if only you request it and there is room. Hillrise, University Hills and Mesilla are all much better schools without these problems. It will take us years to undo the damage done in a short six months.

Mesilla Park Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
Mesilla Park Elementary School has been a family tradition for over 40 years. My grandfather attended at a different location and now my son attends. Mesilla Park is a good school for one because it is in the country, I feel safe having my son walk to and from school. The people in the community are freindly and the teachers all seem very devoted to thier students. I was recently sent home a letter letting me know the school wasnt doing so well academically and that I could chose to send my child to another school nearby, I decided against this because based on everything I have seen and heard both from my son and his teachers he is doing great.

Mesilla Park Elementary School
955 West Union Ave, Mesilla Park, NM  88047
Last modified Mesilla Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesilla Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top