Santa Fe, NM

Posted May 30, 2011
What a fantastic school! My Grandson has Autism, and the hard work that his support group has done with him this year, has made a 100% difference! GOD bless Mrs. Fresquez, her help and the therapists. You have given my grandson his life.

El Dorado Community School 1

Posted October 02, 2010
Because there is someone there that answers the phone....but no more because critical evaluations are not passed on to staff. I have raised 4 children to successful adulthood, educating them across the country. This experience has been appauling for a kid with a speech difficulty. Total eval was done on 4 hrs spent in Kindergarten class. My taxes on this property has doubled...to pay for this rediculous excuse. Back to TX ASAP!

Posted April 07, 2010
Eldorado is lucky to have two dedicated, enthusiastic and hard working teachers working with the Gifted program. They are awesome.

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted August 01, 2009
El Dorado Community School is a great school! I have volunteered in classrooms at elementary schools in California and assisted at other elementary schools in New Mexico, and have found that El Dorado Community School has by far the most supportive and dedicated teachers, who have created a caring and communicative learning environment for students at all levels of learning. I would rate El Dorado well above any of the schools I have been to in California. The Principal and Staff are also supportive, and are always visible and interacting with students and parents. Parent involvement at El Dorado is also excellent. My child has attended El Dorado Community School for 3 years and enjoys the school and the many activities it provides outside the classroom. My child previously attended a Montessori School in California, and did well, but did not enjoy it. She is much happier, and has become more engaged in the learning process at El Dorado Community School.

Posted June 18, 2009
We are very pleased with Eldorado. My husband and I have observed several different private schools before deciding that Eldorado was a great match for our family. We are so happy with the teachers and staff. Their commitment to the kids, the school community and to the larger community is excellent! Our kids are learning so much! I am very grateful for the our little jewel - Eldorado Community School!!

El Dorado Community School 0

Posted June 15, 2009
I am a single mom of two children (2nd and 6th grade) at Eldorado Elementary and cannot be an overachiever in terms of helping my kids along in school. I would consider my kids normal (actually good students), however; and I credit EE (and my kids themselves) with their success. In my experience, not only has my children s academic (and emotional) success (and well-being) always been the focus for the outstanding and dedicated pedagogical staff at this school, but I also credit especially our first and second year teachers with instilling my kids with confidence and enthusiasm about learning, which is really where it all starts. Statistically New Mexico certainly is closer to the bottom of the totem pole of education in this country, but let s please not blame exactly those (public!) schools and those teachers who are already working hard (and I don t think get paid enough) on changing that. Let s be careful about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Posted June 15, 2009
Awesome! My kids tell me all the time how much they enjoy school. We've been here 6 years, and the education is topnotch! The dedicated staff (many have children here) teach an integrated curriculum that meets kids' diverse learning styles (my daughter's assignments are modified for her areas of giftedness; her best friend has modifications for dyslexia/dysgraphia). The principal and vice principal are very visible, eating lunch with kids, supervising the playground, and reading stories in classes. My mom, a teacher of gifted in CA for 30 years, is consistently impressed by our low class size, high quality student work, school events, and thought-provoking curriculum. Each grade does an arts/music performance, and thinking 'green' is a big theme. They're even building an outdoor classroom (students made adobe bricks for it) and started a community garden. It's a large school with growing pains adding 7-8th, but remarkably keeps its small school feel.

El Dorado Community School 0

Posted June 11, 2009
If your child has been diagnosed with a learning disability don't send him to this school. This school is fine for normal children with over achieving parents. My son never felt supported by his teacher. We left after one year.

El Dorado Community School 2

Posted June 01, 2009
Our child came from the Montessori system and we found 1st and 2nd grade to be awful at El Dorado. I have heard El Dorado was a great school, but the last few years it has been going through Principals who don t seem to care. The current one doesn't interact with the kids nor parents. I get the feeling he already has one foot out the door. It is too bad as the parents are very involved, but they can only do so much. NM is one of the worst states in the US for education, I feel sorry for the kids in public schools.

El Dorado Community School
2 Avenida Torreon, Santa Fe, NM  87505
(505) 467-2003
Last modified El Dorado Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Dorado Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top