Bradford Central School 4

Posted April 29, 2013
Bradford is an accepting, all inclusive school that strives to prepare students to succeed throughout their public schooling and beyond. Even though I was only there for a few years, the life lessons taught in those classrooms are ones I will never forget. The teachers and staff work their hardest to ensure that every student receives all of the help and opportunities possible. Small sports teams and various clubs are offered to anyone willing to put forth the effort, and its easy to become involved. There are small class sizes, which means that every teacher has the opportunity to act as a guide on the side for their pupils. Most of the employees try their best to put their students first, and their effort shows. Test scores may be low, but that's because of the small class sizes along with other variables that don't show up in the data; like many schools, factors like inclusion in the classroom are unaccounted for. Another positive factor is the schools' work with the ACE program, which helps put kids a step ahead for their college education. Bradford has given me the inspiration to follow my dreams and become an educator for children who need a little guidance, like I once did.

Posted December 04, 2008
I am a senior of the class of 2009. This school is one of the most sprited around. I have had a wonderful experience here. I would not be the same if I did not attend Bradford Central School

Bradford Central School 4

Posted November 12, 2006
- a former student

Bradford Central School 2

Posted July 06, 2006
This small school offers what is state mandated. Course selection is limited for the students due to the small number of faculty available to teach. Compared to neighboring school districts, music,art and sports offering is minimal. I would encourage parents to send their child elsewhere to school.

Posted October 26, 2005
Bradford's small school atmosphere is just the thing we were looking for in a place to educate our children. Students receive individual attention and the teachers in the building really know all of the students. It feels wonderful to know that when I send my children to school every day, they are spending time with adults that care about them and they are safe. I have never seen a faculty and staff that is as dedicated to student success, both academically and personally. Sending my children to Bradford is like getting a private school education with a public school price tag.

Posted March 02, 2005
Bradford is a school where the statistics do not reflect the true quality of the school. It is truly a place where students learn life lessons. This is a school that students can be proud of. The buildings and grounds are spotless and well-maintained. Students feel that they are part of the community and care about their surroundings, as can be seen by the lack of graffiti, vandalism, and litter. They learn to be kind to others and are considerate of the different ages within the building. It is a place where seniors step aside to allow the line of Pre-K students to 'walk the tightrope' down the center of the hall. Students learn to interact peacefully and considerately with everyone. Academic programs teach the 'whole child,' not just the state test. Extracurricular activities are varied and allow students to become well-rounded individuals by participating in many different areas.

Posted February 26, 2005
- a former student
I am a graduate of Bradford. I could never imagine a better experience and I could never recomend a better school! My time at B.C.S. was great! The teachers are wonderful, the facility is very clean and the one on one relationship between teachers and students is wholesome! Teachers at B.C.S. are extremely loving and positive. These teachers are more than teachers and they truly care. I am a better person because of these teachers. I was shown discipline in a positive manner and my grades always got better! You are lucky if you know Mr. Allard and Mr. Rutledge. They are wonderful teachers. This is a loving and caring district!

Posted February 04, 2005

Posted December 14, 2004
The review before mine really says it all, I also have two children here, one in High School and one in Elementary - and I am completely satisfied with all areas in BCS. I have worked in the building during school hours and have spent time there visiting as well. You will not find a more devoted staff of excellent educators anywhere else. Smaller truly is better when it comes to schools. Many staff are alumni here-what does that tell us about this district? Everyone has issues from time to time-at least here the staff is responsive - ALL staff and really concerned with education as well. Sports are more fun-because they are not so serious and are not the main focus of school.

Posted October 09, 2004
I currently have two children in school and have found that the teacher/student ratio is excellent. 'No child left behind' really applies here! The staff is very envolved with each student's progress. The school is small giving the students many opportunities to join sports teams. The students continually impress me with their community activities. I feel confident that my children are well taken care of in this school better than any other I have been associated with. Kudos to the teachers and staff!

Bradford Central School
2820 Rt 226, Bradford, NY  14815
Last modified Bradford Central School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bradford Central School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top