Public charter
Bronx, NY

Posted September 09, 2014
This school is a waste of time for students, teachers, staff members, parents, and taxpayers! As a former teacher, I could tell you that the teachers and the principal are not interested in challenging the students. The test scores speak for themselves; the scores get progressively worse at each grade level. I would never enroll my daughter at this school so please don't enroll yours. I must also say that it is very important to always research the schools that you want to enroll your child in. The school only cares about image and this is proven by the lack of extracurricular activities and mandatory ballet and violin classes.

Posted September 03, 2014
My daughter attended this school from first grade all the way until the fifth grade. Although the concept of the school is a very good idea the school is not up to par... Being that it is an all female environment the gossip with the students and parents is RIDICULOUS!! The principal Celia is always stating she is raising money for the girls and the school but every event and or field trip must be paid for! "Graduations" are held in an auditorium with NO air ventilation that yes you guessed it parents had to purchase tickets for. School supplies are asked in abundance to be distributed with the entire school not just for your child I know this because last year I was not even allowed to enter the building the first day of school to walk my child into her new classroom I was instructed to leave her supplies in the hallway and let my child in the school while all the other children's supplies remained on the hallway floor!! I understand not everyone can afford things but why is it my responsibility to provide for everyone else? I decided to enroll my daughter in private school I was already spending the money why not receive the education for it! I do NOT recommend this school

Bronx Global Learning Institute For Girls Charter School 2

Posted June 02, 2014
If you want more opportunities for your child this is not the school yes they have a violin program which I will not knock. I can honestly say that that's about the only thing that's saving this school. The ballet instruction is just ridiculous . Dual English and Spanish speaking school smh. There is no extra help provided for the non speaking Spanish speaking girls , especially since us the parents have been asking for help since the first grade. No after school programs!!! No sports!!!! Some of these teachers it's their first teaching job. Most of the staff seem to be related or a friend of a friend which is just TACKY! could go onnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnnn but choosing what's suitable for your daughter is your decision . It's just time for us to move on from this school ... Good luck

Posted March 25, 2014
BGLIG, isn't a good school, whoever says otherwise isn't use to quality standard in school and teachers. Being a teacher myself, I can honestly say that this school needs a revamp. The principal doesn't get involved with parents, matter of fact don't even bother calling or leaving any message on her voicemail because she will not return your call, I guess she's too superior to address the parents concerns. Hmmm!! The teachers are inexperienced assistants, which explained high turnover. I took my child out after allowing her to attend for 3 months. I wish I read the reviews before I send my child here because some of the parents did fore-warn. Any school can be great, however, without the proper tools-teachers, attitudes, training, communications and principles, it just will not work. This school staffs lies a lot so parents please please becareful and keep log of everything involving your child(ren) or you will regret it. Remember charter school runs on funding so they take attendance seriously otherwise they will not get the funds they need. Private school all the way, yes, this maybe expensive but it's worth every penny.

Posted January 26, 2014
First of all bglig is an awesome school secondly my daughter attends bglig and the reason they play the Wii is usually when they are studying about are nutrition and exercise thirdly she is in middle school and they play a lot of violin and the younger kids need to know all procedures on the box violins before getting a real violin to use.Do you know how much you will have to pay for a wooden violin if the child drops it and it breaks into pieces?Well it costs thousands of dollars.They are very organized and are not as bad as it is claimed to be.Even the Bronx borough president said that bglig that its an amazing schools.So take that!Oh and any girl that is actually smart enough to go to that school is lucky to be accepted!!!I just can't believe that someone would so rude,ungrateful,selfish,and DISGUSTING to write such a thing.

Posted December 05, 2013
My daughter has attended BIGLIG SINCE FIRST GRADE. SHE IS IN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL NOW AND I AM DISAPPOINTED. THIS SCHOOL LACKS IN SEVERAL AREAS. I'VE STARTED APPLYING TO OTHER SCHOOLS FOR MY CHILD. THEY MUST GET IT TOGETHER IF THEY WANT A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL.

Posted September 09, 2013
This school is very young, but it have proved to be a great school, the girls are very polite, they have learn a lot, the violin and the ballet classes are up to the task. the staff is friendly and knowlegeable. i will recommend this school to any parent that wants their daughters to succeed in life.

Posted September 03, 2013
It's a bit too early to make a fair decision about this school because my daughter is starting the 1st grade. However, I find the school to be unorganized with performances and things of that nature. There's always a mob of parents and no clear directions. This school year they have banned parents from entering the school. Prior to the first day of school the parents were not notified of this change. So upon arriving we were told to drop our child off at the door and to hand over the school supplies. My child didn't even know who her teacher is or where the classroom is located. The previous school year my child has learned basic reading and math skills, very little violin and very little if any ballet skills. My daughter tells me they just watch the wii and copy the dance moves. A mother with an older child has told me that the best teachers have left thus leaving the TA to take over the following years.

Posted August 01, 2013
I like this school for my daughter she likes it too. Its a great school and the tearcher are very nice and helpfuk. I like that they have ballet and violin classes. All the staff are great i would recommend this school to any one

Posted January 28, 2013
This school is so ridiculous! BGLIG boasts about being an all girl school with great opportunities....Violin and Ballet seems to be most important about this school...It's also a dual language school? this makes me laugh! Rigor is suppose to be in the curriculum however my child comes home with nothing but busywork and thick packets of homework! Waste of time and waste of paper if you ask me! Most of the teachers are not certified to teach...well that's what it seems like. Speaking of the principal...she seems to care about you and your child to your face but she's probable laughing at how ghetto the parents are! This neighborhood needs a real SCHOOL WITH REAL TEACHERS and a REAL PRINCIPAL!!!!!! IF this was a real DOE public school, this place will close down like it should! PEOPLE DO YOUR RESEARCHHHHH!!!!!!!! I have pulled my daughter out and wish that I never enrolled her in the first place!!! THis school is laughable, I don't even know how and why it is still opened... I guess these parents are as uneducated as this school.

Bronx Global Learning Institute For Girls Charter School
750 Concourse Village W-Lower Level, Bronx, NY  10451
Last modified Bronx Global Learning Institute For Girls Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bronx Global Learning Institute For Girls Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top