School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This school is dedicated to students growing to their highest potential. New building, new educators , new attitude. I have been with school since they opened its doors. Our first graduating class was last year. Some students went to the top high schools in the city and Specialized high schools, private schools and independent H.S. Come join us to experience the magic!
September 30, 2015

Bad
Good

Message to families

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
All teachers are effective and are supported by our in house Instructional Coach in addition to the open door policy of our building leader the Principal.

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Home work is important to every grade level and is used to determine scholars knowledge of the lesson given.

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
We have a school wide character education curriculum in which guidance pushes into classrooms monthly to help foster positive character traits including but not limited to honesty, integrity, and fairness.
Posted September 30, 2015

My son started attending BAOP last year entering Kindergarden. I intend to keep him there until 7th grade. I love the staff and how pleasant everyone is. The school has a lot of activities for the kids which is very helpful. My only complaint is that currently the school does not have an afterschool program which I feel is important for working parents.

The school has gotten much better with time. The current principal has whipped the school into shape far better than those before her. The children are performing better and teachers are committed to all students learning.

I am a former student at bronx academy of promise. Though i have met a group of good friends and teachers, the teaching in this school is low. You expect your child to learn something new, they go to school and are exactly the same.

Bronx Academy of Promise Charter School does not meet the standards for excellence. As a former elementary teacher at the school, I believe that the school leadership team is very weak and lacks a clear vision for the future. The current principal does not have the experience or the knowledge to turn the school around. Parents, think twice before sending your child to this school!!!!

I am a parent of a child who has attended BAOP since it opened it's doors. The school started as a good school, but over the past two years we have gone through two principals and an assistant principal. Unfortunately, the schools leadership is very weak and it has no challenging programs for the children. In addition, children are housed in a building with no windows, cafeteria / gym / auditorium. These conditions are no healthy for the children. Unfortunately, my child will not be returning this year, as well as a number of other children I know.

I love this school, my daughter has learn a lot. the teachers and staff are very nice. Excellent school.

Last modified Bronx Academy Of Promise Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.