Posted May 20, 2015
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Posted May 14, 2015
I am reading the negative reviews and is here thinking to myself, really?! America is a lands that constitutes freedom in many aspects of our living. So, why would one subject their child or children to such grueling situation? If you have so many issues, then exercise you proclaimed intelligence, and withdraw your child! It's apparent that this parent is very vindictive, and is out for revenge for the administration of the school. You so love the teacher, So when you rid the administration of the school, where are the beloved teacher's jobs? Someone Is acting unintelligent, I wonder who?! Be real and true to yourselves. What is real problem...Is everything about FCA this bad, or is it you. Be prayerful and try to do better. The universe does not revolve around you, we're all in this thing together. Desist from making these hyperbolic complaints about the school and get over yourself. God bless.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 13, 2015
I have been a parent for three years now and when I read the recent reviews all I can say is WOW! It sounds like that parent is out for revenge or something. What I can say as a parent is that when I looked around for schools in the area this school impressed me the most and I have no regrets. The cost was far less than neighboring schools plus other schools were charging a large fundraising fee at the beginning of the year which I couldn't afford in one lump sum. At this school they do a lot of fundraisers and parents are encouraged but you are not forced to participate. They recently told us that the reason they do a lot is because many parents do not participate so the profits are very small. My suggestion to any parent looking for a school is to go visit and see the operation for yourself. Even ask permission to have your child spend a day there. I did that and my child LOVED IT! Ask permission to talk to the students. Children usually say it like it is! I appreciate this school and I believe personal or individual matters should be addressed with the admin individually and not used to publicly blast the entire school and jeopardize jobs. GOD IS LOVE!
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 04, 2015
This is the worse school in the bronx. It is not even a school, the BIG WIG is operating a money making business. Everyday is a different fundraising at the school. We do not see where the money is going. The students started their State Testing today and she did not provide the students with the books to prepare them like what a normal school would do. No wonder the kids perform so poorly on these test. This test is a reflection of the school not the students. When the students do badly, blame yourself. You won't be getting another penny from me for any of your fundraisers. I wish there was a button for no star because you don't deserve not even half of a star.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 02, 2015
Due to the fact that the principal does not address issues and concerns, let me use this media to express my views. For now, I will only inform you about the science fair. First of all, after conversing with a few parents in my child s class and other parents of the various grades, I realize that I m not the only one who is disgusted by your science COMPETITION. From my knowledge, science fair is an opportunity for the students to display their science skills and knowledge and not a competition for parents. The parents are very much involved which is good but the whole approach is not fair. There are parents who I salute for doing a tremendous job with the display boards but what about the others who are not as creative to construct such artistic skill. Every year, these children win because the emphasis is on the extravagant boards that the parents make. I am not saying that they don t deserve it, because they really do. My problem is, the children who always try to do their best with an average looking board are never being recognized or rewarded. If this did not affect my child s science grade, I would not be apart of this nonsense. Can't wait for the school year to end.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 31, 2015
I'm very proud to be a Faith parent and would recommend this school easily. My three children are very different and each has had an incredibly positive experience at Faith Christian Academy. This is a small family school with an excellent academic program that prepares children well for the very best high schools in New York. What FCA lacks in the area of sports and extracurricular activities it makes up for by focusing heavily on the preparedness of each child for life beyond middle school. Like with any school, I encourage each parent to partner with the school to ensure that your child is getting the best education and attention. Stay involved with school activities and offer support where possible. A school is as good as the relationship fostered by all the stakeholders. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a committed mother and an integral part of this school family. FCA is a small school that makes a big impact on the wider community.
11 people found this helpful

Posted March 31, 2015
Good school for any parent who have a child they care about. You will be very happy with this school.
10 people found this helpful

Posted March 30, 2015
Where do I begin? If you hope to find a nurturing, balanced environment for your child, look further! Do not stop at Faith Christian Academy! Find a place with transparent leadership and principles; where values and attitudes are not just talked about. The admin and teaching staff at this school needs a good dose of training in professionalism. I cannot wait for the school year to end to remove my child. The one year here is one year of my child's life wasted.

Faith Christian Academy 3

Posted August 20, 2014
My son attends FCA and there is a lack of communication between parents and teachers.I won't bash the school at all ,but I feel that people spend hard earned money for their children to attend this school and they are not giving the children enough as far as one on one time. I believe this will be his last year at this school. I have 3 other children that attended public schools and I've never had a problem. It's sad to say that I am experiencing this with a private Christian school.

Faith Christian Academy 3

Posted October 25, 2013
My child goes to this school and there is a big lack in communication. I made the sacrifice to send my child to this institution because of the Abeka Curriculum that the school uses but I think that either the school is not providing the teachers with the material needed to teach the kids or she just don't know what she is doing. I'm gonna keep observing this school for the rest of the year but based on what I am seeing, I'm very skeptical about next year.

Faith Christian Academy
1137 East 223rd Street, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Faith Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Faith Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top