Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted August 25, 2016
My son was at this school and it just way to much. There is no discipline in the school. Students does not receive appropiate education and the principal is a nasty attitude when it come down when you tell her that she can not manage a school. All school grader enter in the morning in through the same main door and kids pushes the small ones. There is no active school safety they are just sitting down in the main lobby talking and not doing their work. Now my daugther is attending this HORRIBLE school until 5th grade. This school needs to swipe out all staff adn teachers including the principal and her assistant and put everything new plus a better education for our children's.

Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan
Grateful to: Student

Posted August 25, 2016
After all the years that my son have been in this horrible school my son made it at the last marking period of his 5th grade to be able to graduate.

Posted April 24, 2014
I have just received my sons award letter and he was selected to go into this school ( his zone schoo) which was the last of my 9 choices. I am completely stressed over the idea of my son going to this school. On the DOE website it has a D rating. Why is noone doing anything about this?

Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan 5

Posted December 05, 2013
I enjoyed learning at this school!!! I can remember walking to school with snow up to my little knees. To all new student, please respect your teachers.

Posted July 24, 2013
This school is simply the worst. The school environment is disgusting. Teachers are dressed in less than professional attire, piercings, and foul language. The parents (other than myself and a few) are just as bad, when they come to pick up their children, the foul language continues..Ah hah!...that's where the children get it from, it's a shame! I'm glad that I am a parent who is involved with my child's education cause while attending this school I basically teach my child, left up to the teachers and principal he wouldn't have a chance. The bathrooms are not fit for animals yet alone children. This is a low income community and we cannot afford to send our children to private schools the PARENTS and TEACHERS need to come together and make good out of a not so good situation. Parents, demand better from your school and teahers start doing your jobs and caring about your students.Young caucation teachers from Mid-America being sent into our schools who cannot relate to our children, we can stop this! We have our eyes wide shut! OPEN YOUR EYES! GET INVOLVED AND FIGHT! THIS IS OUR CHILDREN IF WE DON'T CARE WHO WILL? AND TRUST IT'S NOT BOARD OF ED! PARENTS IS THE ANSWER!

Posted July 15, 2012
this is the worst school you can ever send you'r kid to the teacher don't care and they are really cruel when the student don't listen or don't do their hoemwork they make them stand outside in the hot hallway with their coat or sweater on and they have to stand they cannot move from their spot and make them do their homework i use to go their i transfer school this was the worst school for me i got held back once the teacher are horrible my little sister goes to ps.21 now and she hates it there are fight everyday kids get bully and it just bad the same stuff went on when i was there but it was worst do not send you'r child to this school

Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan 4

Posted June 23, 2011
based on academic excellence, safety and security of the school, social activities and communication with parents

Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan 5

Posted August 30, 2007
P.s.21 is the best elementary school in this area I couldn't think of any other school that's better. The teachers are loving and caring,some of them has been there for years. It's just great.1

Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan 2

Posted June 20, 2005
Math curriculum is average. Teacher student ratio average. Reading curriculum is also average. Parent involvement is very low. No music or gym program available. The art program is excellent providing student with a suitable creative outlet. The science program is excellent as well. The school has great teahers and staff, however it would benefit greatly from a higher level of parental involvement. Meetings are held during school hours. Later meetings may increase parental involvment leading to greater academic success of students and higher level of volunteerism by parents.

Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan
715 East 225th Street, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Ps 21 Philip H Sheridan is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.