Bronx, NY

Ps 42 Claremont 1

Posted March 11, 2015
PS 42 has no consistent system of rules and consequences, high turnover (the best leave), a dangerous school environment, and teachers (the ones that can't find a job anywhere else) that participate in verbal abuse. I'm a frustrated parent worried about my daughter and her friends. Sadly I was extremely happy with this school two years ago, but because so many of the talented employees have left the school is going down hill. I don't feel comfortable with my daughter attending this school and plan on making this her final year. Sadly the children are bullying each other in a consistent basis with no real consequences for the bullies. The teachers and principal participate in bullying, intimidating students to hide things from there parents. The prinicipal Ms. Orduz hides what is really happening at the school by rewarding bullies, kids that walk out of their class, and curse at other students and teachers by giving them toys and candy and masks it by saying it's her behavior plan. I live at 500 East 171st Stree and am so disappointed to my daughter is zoned for PS 42. PS 42 where they hide what is really going on behind Ms. Orduz's smile.

Ps 42 Claremont 1

Posted November 28, 2010
I have found this school to be very disfunctional and disorganized. I am not satisfied with the teaching curriculum at all. My daughter still attends this school and over the Thanksgiving break she only had one photo copied handout to complete. She hardly evers gets any homework. She is she supposed to be prepared for the upcoming state exams if she receives not homework. I am highly disgusted and unsatisfied. I will definitely be the parent taking more steps for something to be done about this school.

Ps 42 Claremont 5

Posted November 02, 2010
I went to this school from 1980-1983. At the time mr. Ortiz was the principal. My teachers were ms. Jordan and ms. G. Lorde. Excellent school.

Ps 42 Claremont 4

Posted April 28, 2010
I really like the school and my son teacher is excellent. He is in KG, and learns something new everyday. She tries hard to make sure all of her students meet the year end requirements. My son is a smart child and she knows how to bring out the very best in him. Some of the staff in the office are clueless and that is my only issue.

Ps 42 Claremont 4

Posted September 16, 2009
The school is much more organized than the last school my child was in. They also want the kids to have success and want the parents more involved and could use the funding for the kids.

Ps 42 Claremont
1537 Washington Avenue, Bronx, NY  10457
Last modified Ps 42 Claremont is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 42 Claremont Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top