Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is a diverse school with caring teachers. It is located in a lovely part of the Bronx. The school building is kept clean and orderly. It could use an auditorium but understandably it might not be feasible without major construction. It would be nice to see more principal interaction at parent/student events.

Develops character: Disagree

not helpful n supportive .dont care how bad impact teacher is leaving on a kid.

My daughter has been in PS.97 since Pre-K. She is now in 5th grade. This school is just a good school. The principal doesn't care about the students and doesn't promote advance classes for gifted students. She doesn't get involved with the parents or even tries to be nice to the kids. The after school program is not the worse I have seen. They don't motivate kids. All the kids do is sit around and talk. There is a hand full of teachers that truly care about the kids education and take time to speak to the parents. You have to be constantly in the teachers face to get good results with your child's education. Most of them are moody because they hate the principal. This school has a lot of potential since is in a residential area. It is a shame that the principal doesn't care about the quality that she puts out.

My son made it class of 2014 . This is a good school not great but good. My son was lucky to have a teacher that cared enough to stay in contact with me all year long.The problem with this school is the after school pick up and the PRINCIPAL who feels she is to good to give assistance when it comes to your child. If you threaten her with going to the board of ed thats the only way you get results out of her.

This school is a great school we go on fun trips I graduated from this in 2013. The teachers are very kind and helpful. This school also have a program called SASF which stands for "Sports and Arts School Foundation"!

This school Is the best school to go to I really think it's a good school

I am the mother of four children, two which have gone through Catholic school. Due to the economic climate we are living in, we had to enroll our two youngest children at PS 97 four years ago. I love this school! I love that it is full of diversity, I love the teachers, the security officers, the Parent Coordinator, the science room, the music and art program as well as all of the high standards they set and reach. The teachers so far have been fantastic especially the special education teachers who are patient, loving and a pleasure to have teaching my son. The teachers really do teach and the children really learn. I heard the rumors about the principal being difficult but I am glad that I didn't judge her based on what others said because she does a great job and gets very good results. I went right up to her with a concern and she addressed it immediately. The school provides a friendly learning environment and it always has an A/B report card. I highly recommend this school.

I graduated from this school in 2009 and i wish i was still there. This School was very nice i recommend it now i am going on to the 8th grade.I have lots of memories in that place i wish i could go back but its time to move on. I hope you parents give your child the opportunity to send your child to this school and get the well educated. I love P.S.97 I hope your child would too.

I graduated from this school in 2008. I was very sad to leave because I was there since Kindergarden. It's a great school with it's old tradition of the Dance Festival in which all classes perform a dance according to the song the teachers pick. They now have Field Day, a day where all seniors do nothing but play in athletic events. And the parent cordinator is very active with the students in planning exciting trips. I highly recommend this school to all in the area.

The school is perfect thje teachers are nice but do your best.

Last modified Ps 97 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.