No rating

Holy Family School

Private | PK-8 | 18 students

Living in Bronx

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $383,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,210.

Posted August 29, 2013

As a graduate of Holy Family and a parent of a current student, I can say it has been consistent with regards to teaching moral, values, respect and discipline to the students. You won't get that kind of education at a Public School. As far as education I think it is average due to the fact that classes are smaller and the students are no longer separated according to skill level. My child has done well and is an honors student.

Posted May 30, 2013

the principal of holy family is not very professional in dealing with matters of children and there family.my son had issues adjusting to a new environment and instead of the principal trying to find out was causing this problem since he did not experience this before in daycare.She decided within two weeks of him being in school to just kick him out. Shame,shame on her that she is leading a catholic school for kids, where is the concern and involvement for your student body.Can you imagine if every principal ran there school like that,who gives up on a child so easily? Someone who truly doesnt care about children or someone who does not have any and can not understand the feeling of a parent when they want the best for there child and a school can not provide help or resources.

Posted September 24, 2012

I have two children here in the fifth and seventh grades and they have been here since pre-k/kindergarten. Is the school perfect? no. However, they create an enviorment where students are able to focus and learn by stressing proper conduct. I would take this school over a NYC public middle school any day. Parents and teachers have to work hand in hand to educate the students. And when problems do arise (as they will at any school) we address them quickly. I'm proud to say my kids attend here.

Posted June 27, 2012

Five Stars for Holy Family for providing safety & a clean environment. Unfortunately when it comes to principal she's more concerned with money than she is with the quality of education the children should be getting. During the 2010-2011 school year my child's 3rd Grade teacher was out on leave for most of the year & her replacements were mostly parent volunteers!! Because of this most of my child's classmates were unprepared for the 4th Grade along & the ELA exams they were required to take. No my child didn't have to repeat the 4th grade this year nor was summer school a requirement but the majority of the 2011-2012 4th Grade class has mandatory summer school.

Posted June 22, 2012

Ms. De Leon was the worst teacher every. My son is still haunted four years later by the treatment he received by this teacher. The principal did nothing to address my concers. I wouldn't waste my money sending my child to this school. What a horrible experience my child had at Holy Family! He still talks about it to this day!!!

Posted April 13, 2012

I smell a rat! Some of these comments are bogus, and are obviously written by the employees of Holy Family. "the principal is one of a kind she is the most patient and gracious person I ever met. Give me a break. Quit with the fake reviews.

Posted November 4, 2011

This school has undergone a lot of changes over the past few years. Some good, some bad. Overall however, the school is a great place for the students. The teachers are helpful and available. The principal is extremely nice. Enrollment has been dropping in this school, but it must be because of the economy not the atmosphere because the school is a good choice to send a student.

Posted October 9, 2011

Holy Family School does a great job providing a safe, clean environment for learning. The teachers are dedicated and the principal cares about her school. I am happy sending my daughter to this school and feel safe about my decision.

Posted September 24, 2010

I have been with Holy Family school in the Bronx since 1993. All 4 of my children have gone and are still enrolled there. My husband & I are very happy with education that our children are getting & have gotten. We highly recommend this school to other families.

Posted June 22, 2010

This used to be a great school but for the past 3 years it has been going down hill. Principal plays favorites

Posted December 2, 2009

This school is excellent and the students are very bright but i cant find a website to check about it and they collect enough money to hav one

Posted November 3, 2009

Staff is great and I feel school provides a safe environment for my child.

Posted October 19, 2009

I'm a former student of Holy Family School, and am now in my third year of college. I must admit I agree with another member who posted that said that Holy Family left him/her unprepared when they entered high school. The same thing happened with me especially in math, english, and music. It took me a long time to catch up. Some teachers were average, some strict, and others too lenient, where children ruled the class and I learned nothing all year. Mrs. Latempa was great.. and i'm sure she still is, but the bottom line is that Holy family was a waste of my mother's money. The only thing you're paying for is uniforms, and a safer environment. I have fond memory of friends, but poor memory of the teachers. The school could have changed since i've been there, but I doube it has changed by much.

Posted October 18, 2009

Holy Family School have excellent teachers. The school is always clean and the students are well-behave. They offer great education and they have a safe and happy environment. Is the best school in the Bronx. They listen to the kids problems and try to solved them. Students have the best discipline and education. They have good comunication between parents and teachers. The students become independent and learn how to be better students.

Posted October 18, 2009

HFS is the best! There's lots of awesome teachers and students. Our school also has a good learning environment.

Posted October 18, 2009

The teachers are wonderful and very helpful they are very patient with the children and the principal is one of a kind she is the most patient and gracious person I ever met.. she nows all her students by name and she greets them all the same the kids love her very much Holy Family School is the best....

Posted October 17, 2009

Our school is the best! Our principal knows every student by first and last name and what grade they are in. Also she knows if they have a sibling in the school and what grade they're in as well. She's amazing.

Posted October 17, 2009

I love Holy Family, because it provides a get education for my kids and other peoples kids. They are very caring and willing to help any and everyone.

Posted October 7, 2009

Holy Family School is great. All the teachers know the children, whether they're in the lower or upper grades. The curriculum guarantees that the student meets their own high potential while at the same time fostering creativity and individualism.

Posted July 27, 2009

This is my son's fourth year at Holy Family. I think the school is very good and Mrs. LaTempa is excellent. One of the things that I like about is the family setting.

Two or more races 10% N/A
Asian 4% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Claire Latempa
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2169 Blackrock Avenue