Bronx, NY

Posted June 10, 2015
Our child has attended the pre-K 3 and 4 program at St. Margaret's. The change in leadership a few years back has been positive and led us to enroll our child here. The current head is hands-on, passionate and is making positive strides to improve academics and extra-curricular activities. While the parent body may be diverse in opinion when surveyed about change, the head seems to weigh all opinions and most importantly seems to be open-minded about future changes - a willingness to evolve is an important indicator of strong leadership. Our child and ourselves have been very satisfied here, particular in pre-K4 with emphasis on science enrichment and hands-on learning techniques. Probably the most satisfying aspect of our 2 years here has been the incredible warmth and nurturing that the children receive. They are lovingly coached in values that are fundamental elements of the Catholic faith, but which are also humanitarian and apply to all, independent of faith. This is accomplished seamlessly - the kids are respectful to teachers and staff, and most importantly to each other. They recently hosted an anti-bullying program, illustrating their commitment to this very serious problem. Our child also attended the affordable after-school program, where again children were nurtured and encouraged to be respectful and loving. We paid tuition for preK3, which in our opinion was affordable and on-par with other pre-K schools. St. Margaret's is now eligible for NYC universal Pre-K for 4year olds, so we did not pay tuition for pre-K4. Despite the fact that enrollment increased dramatically from preK3 to preK4, the quality of the program was unaffected and administration dealt admirably with the increased volume of students. All in all, we thoroughly recommend St. Margaret's. A very positive experience for us.

St Margaret Of Cortona School 1

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is way overpriced especially for working parents. Not too mention the class sizes are bit large for a tuition paid school.

Posted September 10, 2013
My son has been attending St. Margaret of Cortona since Pre-K. He has developed into an excellent student and a fine young man. I highly recommend our school.

Posted March 14, 2013
My child has attended St. Margaret of Cortona since 2010, when she started in the Pre-K program. It has been a wonderful experience for all of us. The teachers are fantastic, and the education is excellent. She is making great friends, and enjoys going to school each day. The principal & teachers genuinely care about the students, and work hard to ensure the kids are learning and growing to the best of their capabilities. We have been very happy with our decision to send our daughter to St. Margaret's!

St Margaret Of Cortona School 4

Posted January 06, 2009
iam an alumni! =] it was nice when i went. **class of 05** =] now class of **09**

St Margaret Of Cortona School

Posted September 06, 2007
This is a great School! It has set a very good foundation for my children which has enable them to move on to great High Schools as well as College. Thank You Saint Margaret!

Posted September 05, 2007
This is the best school, I love this school. They have nice kids, Sister Katleen which is a very nice principal. Nice teachers, my homeroom teacher is very nice. I am gad I could go to this school.

Posted April 07, 2007
I am attending SMS, and I must say it has been a wonderful 10 years that I have spent here. I have been well prepared for all high school entrance practices, and I have also received scholarships to the schools that I applied to. Teachers her are fun and challenging. I'm really pretty sad to be leaving, but thankful that SMS helped so much.

Posted March 09, 2007
St Margarets is a great school and I am proud that I made the choice to enroll my son there. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Sr. is leaving and that makes me sad. I wish she would stay 4 more years!!!!!!

Posted February 13, 2007
I like this school. I learn alot. The teachers are nice.

St Margaret Of Cortona School
452 West 260th Street, Bronx, NY  10471
Last modified St Margaret Of Cortona School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Margaret Of Cortona School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top