Public charter
Bronx, NY

Posted October 06, 2014
Maybe you're just oblivious because not only teachers are complaining parents are as well. This school is a mess and the students are disrespectful.

Posted October 05, 2014
I really wish the staff of this school stop airing their grievances with the parents and the public. I am a parent of three kids in this school, I am extremely happy with it and have no complaints other than having to read about the drama that happens behind closed doors. Aren't we all here for the sake of a better education of our minority children? It is simple, if you don't like it here, may I suggest you find somewhere else to go?! We don't want to hear about your job related issues, we all have our own and we are not posting it online to damage a great school. In short, if you are unhappy, please move on; make room for someone who is willing to come to this school to teach and take challenges everyday. It is obvious that this school is not for you. As a parent, I continue to say, this is an awesome school and your rantings will not put a damper on my opinion or anyone else, who is prioritizing a better education for their children. -ER

Posted September 17, 2014
I'm very disappointed with this school I felt my son was neglected in this school he has a speech delay and a little of learning disability and they didn't do no effort to improve him better other than helding him over for the same grade his teacher was awful she teaches kidergarden kids... I took him out of this school already never turning back or stepping foot in that school... I called that discrimination...

Posted September 03, 2014
BBL is a wonderful, supportive working environment. Teachers receive frequent, meaningful professional development. The principal, executive director and professional development staff treat the teachers well and value their work. BBL is a special place and I grateful to have found it. The teacher turnover rate is incredibly low; recent data shows that it's one of the lowest out of all charter schools in NYC. That being said, it is not a perfect fit for everyone. We believe strongly in student autonomy and constructivist methodologies. Te teachers who leave are most often ones whose practices aren't aligned with our school pedagogy, the Subordination of Teaching to Learning.

Posted June 27, 2014
This school does not know how to treat its employees. There is a lot of nepotism and favoritism and as a result, there is a high turnover rate and a lot of distrust among the faculty. Also, the principal has zero loyalty towards the teachers and other staff, unless they belong to the Bronx Bethany Church of the Nazarene. He has strong ties to that church and he has puts his standing and reputation within the church community above his responsibilities towards the school and his loyalty to the teachers. The executive director also plays favorites within the staff and is a man of low moral character. It is an extremely toxic working environment and if you are in the education field, do yourself a favor and do not work there.

Bronx Charter School For Better Learning 4

Posted January 12, 2014
Great school where the teachers try hard to do their best to help all the students learn better

Posted January 11, 2014
Making the decision to have my children attend the Bronx Charter for Better Learning was one of my best decision. My daughter currently attend the school and is in the second grade, I also had a son that graduated from the Bronx Charter for better learning two years ago. He has accomplish alot and has move on to middle school where he is know in an honors class. His progress was with the help of the great team at the school. The principal Mr jacobs is very pleasant and keep is parents inform of changes and updates. The staff is willing to help and a pleasure to talk to. I highly recommend the school to all..

Posted January 09, 2014
Bronx Charter, is a excellent school... It gives a solid foundation to elementary aged children allowing them to succeed in the middle schools easily. I have one daughter who is a Bronx Charter graduate, And two daughters who currently attend in the 4th and 3rd grades... The Staff from the Teachers, to the office administration, to the Principal are all friendly and helpful. While they hold a high standard they offer lots of help when your child is not quite meeting the standard. My only problem with Bronx Charter is I wish it continued until 12th grade.

Posted January 08, 2014
I would recommend this school to anyone. The school staff that has come in contact with my daughter has been nothing but supportive and caring. The principal is very professional and does a wonderful job of keeping the parents informed no matter the time or day. My child is continuously coming home with new ideas and this school helps facilitate better learning.

Posted January 08, 2014
A great place to work and learn! All of the staff work hard and all of the students are brilliant!

Bronx Charter School For Better Learning
3740 Baychester Ave Annex, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Bronx Charter School For Better Learning is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bronx Charter School For Better Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top