Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 15, 2016
The school is on the right track. My kids are at this school and have nothing but good things to say about the staff. Some kids are behavior problems but the administration is doing all it can to deal with those few.

Ps 109 4

Posted March 07, 2015
My daughters attend this school. They both have excellent teachers who care about their emotional and intellectual well being. One daughter has 20 classmates while the other has 23 classmates.

Ps 109 1

Posted January 13, 2015
This school has the worst teachers and large class 30 /1 they have no control over the children and always calling parents for minor issues

Posted December 03, 2013
My school is a great school. It has a good principal named Mr.Chase.I have a great teacher named Ms.Lewis.She loves me and I love her back.

Posted March 06, 2013
I am new to the community and the school. I think the teachers are doing a wonderful job, especially the teachers in the gifted & talented program. Many of those teachers seem very committed to the kids that they teach. The new principal seems to have really turned that school around!!! Kudos to them. He has stated numerous times that he envisions 109 as a school that prepares their graduates to go on to extremely competitive high schools and beyond. Kudos to them!!!

Ps 109 1

Posted March 11, 2010
This is my son's first year in the public school system and they sent him to this school. His teacher is loud and lazy. She is absent almost every other week. The principal is more concerned about her lunch duty then answering parents concerns. I am afraid that this year has back tracked my sons education because the teacher has to spend so much time reprimanding troubled students. Don't send your kids here!

Ps 109

Posted October 26, 2007
Ive had nothing but problems since my child entered this school. we've had some major problems with bullies and nothing is done. this school is extremely slow in getting back to parents.

Ps 109 3

Posted April 08, 2005
They have a great honors program that does work a year ahead and the teachers in that program are great. Unfortunately, my child has a lot of problems with bullies and I don't feel there is enough done about that. My child has been assaulted on several occasions even in front of school officials and they don't suspend the culprit. They just separate them which is ridiculous. I feel if you can go up to someone and kick them in the gut, then you should be suspended without question. If a child is that violent they need a reality check. I have been teaching my child not to hit back and let the school officials handle it, but it is getting out of hand, they always say they will look into it and never get back to me. I am going to transfer my child to a new school next year.

Ps 109
1001 East 45th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11203
Last modified Ps 109 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 109 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top