Brooklyn, NY

Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My eldest daughter graduates from PS17 this year. She has been attending PS17 since Kindergarten and has loved every minute of it. She was on an IEP and the staff and administration have gone out of theri way to help her. She graduates with honors! My youngest daughter has attended K-1st here as well. She too is on a IEP and they have helped her tremendously. The teachers as well as the support services staff (OT, Speech, & Counseling) are exceptional, caring people. It is very clear how much they care about the kids. State testing rewsults do not come close to showing what this school is capable of doing for our children. We are moving out of the area and are sad to be leaving PS17. I highly recommend this school to all parents! The only downside is low % of parent involvement. Many parents in the area seem to think it is soley the schools job to tend to the education of our children. If you do not get involved your children will not grow to their full potential.

Posted October 24, 2013
Ps 17 is well rounded school..the children understand the importance of learning and the disiplinant of being a productive student. I believe our children good firm approach to learning and hope it doest change

Posted October 22, 2013
I think the staff are really doing a great job in looking after our children and teaching them to not only be focused learners but good people too

Posted October 15, 2013
Just put my child in the school and compare to the previous school. They are definitely on top of things. I like the attentiveness to the children needs both academically and emotionally, it is refreshing to feel my child is getting well rounded traditional edcation that's setting their success as a active learner in their academic journey. The uniform are a plus saves tons of money and teaches the children that clothes don't make a person knowledge does. The staff is helpful and there's a sense of family among the parents and faulty as their priority is the safety and well being of every student. Thanx for the relief ps17

Posted October 06, 2013
My child loves this school, the teachers are amazing and offer lots of their time to help if my son needs extra help with maths and spelling, the science and art classes are really interesting, I'm hearing about lots of fun things that keep the kids interested and wanting to learn. There is a really good amount of time for gym and the school lunches are pretty good, Dr Marchi and the rest of the staff are really concerned with improving the quality of school life and I LOVE that the entrance door ladies are so protective of the kids.. you cant go in without signing in and having ID, no matter who you are..!!!! they are awesome guards! The library is full to the brim with great books which he brings home and he never complains that the computers are not available...plenty for all the students!! ALL in all, I love this school and encourage parents to join the community they've set up

Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth 2

Posted May 29, 2013
In the midst of this rapidly growing and progressive area, this school offer nothing progressive, nothing creative and nothing inspiring. Kids describe the school environment is like being in the prison. No Gym time (resulting too many obese kids, music and art classes are like joke. Vice principal shows no respect to parents and often seen glaring or yelling at parents who stop by at the office. Hardly any parent involvement, hardly any parent show up for class room visit. There are a few good teachers but most seems to be under stress trying to keep their job. Too bad there are not many option of good public school around this area.....

Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth 3

Posted October 10, 2011
I graduated from P.S. 17 1n 1939 I was wondering if it is possible to get in touch with the principle for some information like the names of the past teachers, principles, etc. I was also the head of a building project in science class given by a Mr. ALBERT Trella. Is it possible that it would still be on display? They were houses and some buildings of washington DC. Like the house of montecello. Daniel Gerard 1939 I was also a bugler in the marching band at PS 17 When I attended this school it was strictly all male students, is it still that way? My address was 448 Keap St. Brooklyn, N.Y. How old is the school building now??

Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth 1

Posted July 31, 2011
This school was horrible for my son. He attended this school for 3 years and was extremely behind in reading. I repeatedly asked the staff for help and the only answer they had was to leave my son behind a grade. I transfered him out and got him extra help with a private tutor. The new school he is attending is unbelievable great. His new school worked with his reading. He made an amazing amount of progress. My son was also bullied at P.S 17. The staff shrugged off my complaints. P.S 17 staff has NO concern for their students learning or safety.

Posted August 20, 2010
This is my son 3rd year in this school and my daughter is attending pre k this year .... love this school its a great school they help kids a lot my son grades are top noch comes home every week with 100 % test scores ... they just need more after school programs ....

Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth 0

Posted September 30, 2009
I like that made a new school yard for the kids to out and play after lunch.The yard consists of a jungle gym, track, hop scotch, reading zone and a basketball court.

Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth
208 North 5th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11211
Last modified Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 17 Henry D Woodworth Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top