Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school covers up bullying and allows students to fight . My child has had 20 something fights up at that school and there's not one piece of paperwork trailing it. They will cover up bullying and completely act like it's not happening !

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child has been being bullied at PS 186 for two entire school years and not one person in the entire school has done anything about it . I've been up to the school dozens of times written several letters and now I'm transferring but The School will cover up any bullying and completely ignore it .

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I haven't been able to obtain an evaluation into school years my daughter has an IEP and they completely ignore it .

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principle is a ghost she's never there completely off the premises the entire year !

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff especially the guidedence counselor are racist and discriminatory.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't help the children they way they need to and there are no special needs accommodations. While my child struggled in a academically with two teachers, one helper and 15 students they promoted her to a class with one teacher no help and 33 students. She still can't read in the 2nd grade!!!!

This school doesn't treat each child fairly. My son went to this school and was discriminated against and bullied everyday until I changed his school. When brought to The attention of his teacher, guidance counselor and assistant principal they didn't do anything to mediate the issue or change his class. Don't send your kid here!!! The principal is a ghost I never met her and she was unreachable every time.

My daughter graduated this school in 2016, she was there from the 1st to 5th grade. She loved the time she spent there with the teachers and her friends.She was so sad to leave it.If you're looking for a elementary school for your child pick this one.It's the best !!!!!

I am an alumni of this elementary school. I recently went here to try and visit my old school. I wanted to experience my old school however, upon arrival to the school I was met with a newer security guard woman that threatened me to leave the school. At first she asked politely but she quickly elevated herself to a threatening point. She said that she'd call the police if I didn't leave the premises. I don't understand why she couldn't remain calm but I am deeply ashamed of the school. I think the security guard's name might've been Carol. She was definitely a newer security guard working the front door. I simply wanted to revisit my old school but I guess it's become much more unwelcoming than I thought. I really did like P.S.186 but not anymore.

I am a parent of 3 children who are enrolled in this school. I would say that this is such a very good school because the teachers and all the staffs are so friendly, and they all care about my children. I have an 8th grader who did very well in the last State tests. I would highly recommend this school.

Last modified Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.