Posted March 25, 2014
I am a parent of 3 children who are enrolled in this school. I would say that this is such a very good school because the teachers and all the staffs are so friendly, and they all care about my children. I have an 8th grader who did very well in the last State tests. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 23, 2014
It is an excellent school with professional teachers and administration. My two sons benefited a lot this year. The principal, assistant principals and all the staff member care a lot about children. Parents are so much involved in their children's education. It's the first year for my kids to join a school in USA but I didn't feel the gap as we worked hard as a team me and the school to reach level 3 easily at the end. Looking forward for level 4. Thanks Dr. Irving school P.S 186.

Posted August 05, 2013
I am a former student of this school, and I have to say that it brings back many nostalgic memories. The teachers were kind and friendly, and the kids are sociable. I've learned many things there, but there is one thing I'm sad about. There is no longer an instrumental music program. However, it was the very program that led me into Mark Twain and is now leading me to LaGuardia Arts.

Posted January 05, 2013
I am the president of this school, and I think that it is the best school possible. principals there are great and work very hard to help the school to learn. There is this wonderful after school program that helps with your grades. This school never allows bullying and bad treatment and that is why this school is the best school that your child can go to.

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 4

Posted July 13, 2012
I am a former student of P.S. 186, and while I realize THINGS have changed the integrity of the staff remains secure. I loved it back then and I love it now

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 4

Posted November 06, 2011
I am a parent of a child that has been in a CTT class since Kindergarten. I am very happy about the education my child has received so far at PS 186. Last year in first grade my child was struggling in Reading. Her two teachers were so caring and providing her with the help she needed. My child is now reading on grade level. Some parents in this school just love to complain though and are neveer happy no matter the teacher or outcome. PS 186 is a wonderful school which provdes a top notch education!

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 2

Posted September 30, 2011
i hated this school they dont care about how your doing and never teach anything and whenever its after lunch they said class wait 20 minutes and they go talk to other teachers !!!!!!!!! Distracting!

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 1

Posted August 23, 2011
I am the mother of a child in a 1st grade CTT classs. This year that passed was a TOTAL Disaster!!! My child was not passing any assessments in the first marking period and I was never informed; on the first marking period he was checked off for in doubt of promotion. When I spoke with his teachers and why was I not called before parent conferences they said, "they were too busy." The Principal is uncaring when you have an issue and tends to sweep it under the rug. Really, my child was not given any more test after february and was promoted to 2nd grade. The school has a very low standard for its students.

Posted June 23, 2011
My three children attended PS 186 at different times during last 15 years. As a parent I witnessed a succession of excellent principals, from Dr. Gladstone (son of Dr Irving A Gladstone) to the current principle, Ms. Cadotte. Over the years they established a tradition of quality teaching which starts from the kindergarten.

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 1

Posted June 22, 2011
After two years, I am ready to yank my daughter out of here. Never would I have thought that an administration could care so little about a child and so much about what the bigwigs in the DOE or the city think. Every time the principal speaks before an event, she is referencing the school's ranking and saying it is "the best in the district" (hardly!) It is absolutely shameful. These people will yes you to death and swear everything is a-okay, yet, I still had to hire a private tutor so my child could learn to read. It is overcrowded, poorly supervised, and seems to also tend toward favoritism and prejudice (not racial/ethnic, but more like lifestyle.) Even when my child was very clearly struggling, they turned a blind eye. I am outraged and disgusted and the all those hotshots they care so much about impressing at DOE will be getting a letter from me! I will say that some of the support personnel are very nice, though they take a while to warm up. And they have no more band program either, which was one of the main reasons I agreed to switch to this school when we moved. Oh how I wish we stayed at our old school!!!

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone
7601 19th Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11214
Last modified Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top