Bad
Good

Posted July 06, 2016
My daughter graduated this school in 2016, she was there from the 1st to 5th grade. She loved the time she spent there with the teachers and her friends.She was so sad to leave it.If you're looking for a elementary school for your child pick this one.It's the best !!!!!

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 1

Posted March 31, 2016
I am an alumni of this elementary school. I recently went here to try and visit my old school. I wanted to experience my old school however, upon arrival to the school I was met with a newer security guard woman that threatened me to leave the school. At first she asked politely but she quickly elevated herself to a threatening point. She said that she'd call the police if I didn't leave the premises. I don't understand why she couldn't remain calm but I am deeply ashamed of the school. I think the security guard's name might've been Carol. She was definitely a newer security guard working the front door. I simply wanted to revisit my old school but I guess it's become much more unwelcoming than I thought. I really did like P.S.186 but not anymore.

Posted March 25, 2014
I am a parent of 3 children who are enrolled in this school. I would say that this is such a very good school because the teachers and all the staffs are so friendly, and they all care about my children. I have an 8th grader who did very well in the last State tests. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 23, 2014
It is an excellent school with professional teachers and administration. My two sons benefited a lot this year. The principal, assistant principals and all the staff member care a lot about children. Parents are so much involved in their children's education. It's the first year for my kids to join a school in USA but I didn't feel the gap as we worked hard as a team me and the school to reach level 3 easily at the end. Looking forward for level 4. Thanks Dr. Irving school P.S 186.

Posted August 05, 2013
I am a former student of this school, and I have to say that it brings back many nostalgic memories. The teachers were kind and friendly, and the kids are sociable. I've learned many things there, but there is one thing I'm sad about. There is no longer an instrumental music program. However, it was the very program that led me into Mark Twain and is now leading me to LaGuardia Arts.

Posted January 05, 2013
I am the president of this school, and I think that it is the best school possible. principals there are great and work very hard to help the school to learn. There is this wonderful after school program that helps with your grades. This school never allows bullying and bad treatment and that is why this school is the best school that your child can go to.

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 4

Posted July 13, 2012
I am a former student of P.S. 186, and while I realize THINGS have changed the integrity of the staff remains secure. I loved it back then and I love it now

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 4

Posted November 06, 2011
I am a parent of a child that has been in a CTT class since Kindergarten. I am very happy about the education my child has received so far at PS 186. Last year in first grade my child was struggling in Reading. Her two teachers were so caring and providing her with the help she needed. My child is now reading on grade level. Some parents in this school just love to complain though and are neveer happy no matter the teacher or outcome. PS 186 is a wonderful school which provdes a top notch education!

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 2

Posted September 30, 2011
i hated this school they dont care about how your doing and never teach anything and whenever its after lunch they said class wait 20 minutes and they go talk to other teachers !!!!!!!!! Distracting!

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone 1

Posted August 23, 2011
I am the mother of a child in a 1st grade CTT classs. This year that passed was a TOTAL Disaster!!! My child was not passing any assessments in the first marking period and I was never informed; on the first marking period he was checked off for in doubt of promotion. When I spoke with his teachers and why was I not called before parent conferences they said, "they were too busy." The Principal is uncaring when you have an issue and tends to sweep it under the rug. Really, my child was not given any more test after february and was promoted to 2nd grade. The school has a very low standard for its students.

Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone
7601 19th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11214
Last modified Ps 186 Dr Irving A Gladstone is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.