Brooklyn, NY

Ps 244 Richard R Green 1

Posted January 29, 2015
Very poor performing school, average test scores, severe bullying problem, poor administration! Parents bully each other! I went to this school in the early 90s, and I didn't even stay for 2 years! It was horrible then, and it's horrible now! I had my then 4 year old in the pre-k program! It was a nightmare! I took my son out of this school! My child is doing extremely well in an historical Catholic School! I have a neighbor that wants to remove her CHILD from this school because he is being bullied so bad! This school is horrible, and I feel bad for any child that is enrolled there! Even P.S 135, and P.S 268 near by are higher performing schools!
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 19, 2013
This school is great. I have a 4th grader and a kindergartner attending this school. The staff is great. My daughter is in the nest program and she is doing great. My son attened pre k and now he is in kindergarten and he loves it. New principal and the school is still great.

Posted March 05, 2013
My daughter is in the 5th grade, i am very satisfied with her overall performance. I have no regrets enrolling my child in this school. My child look forward to each school day. the principal and staff is excellent. PS 244 motivate my child to be a leader.

Posted November 19, 2008
My son Matthew is in the first grade at P.S 244. The staff is excellent and my son seems to be extremely excited about learning and attending class everyday. I am more then satisfied with this school's performance.=)

Posted April 25, 2008
My Daughter is in K and am surprise at the different thing that she learns e.g. matter. She is so excited about learning French. At five my daughter can spell the word 'favorite'. The principal is very encoraging and her teacher is very resposive to my notes. Excellent school.

Posted October 02, 2007
I have a child in Pre-K and I am overwhelmingly pleased with the education she is receiving. However, the Principal and Vice Principals have a long way to go before meeting that standard. They are disorganized.

Ps 244 Richard R Green 4

Posted September 30, 2006
My son is in 3rd grade, the excel program.The academic standard is excellent, the environment is safe and I feel satisfied with the level of work and the teachers emphasis with the children.I give this program an A+. P.Mullings

Ps 244 Richard R Green 1

Posted March 20, 2006
This is the worst school I have ever come in contact with. The principal is uncaring, however the teachers are great, for the most part. There is an unbelievable discipline problem that needs to be addresses asap!

Ps 244 Richard R Green 3

Posted May 25, 2005
I have two daughters that attend this school. It needs improvement in parent/teacher relationship. Although, the school is located in a nice neighborhood. I feel safe leaving my daughters there.

Posted June 03, 2004
The excel program is wonderful. I have two children in the program one is in first grade and the other is in forth grade, so far they are doing wonderful and I expect them to continue in the program. I gave the excel program a a+.

5404 Tilden Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11203
Last modified Ps 244 Richard R Green is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 244 Richard R Green Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top