Posted September 15, 2014
If I could give it Zero stars I would. My daughter, niece and nephew went to this school. The main office staff is Very Rude and unprofessional . The teachers spend their time focusing on certain students instead of the entire class. I've never seen or met the principle. I'm trying to discharge my child and they won't let me do it. Horrible! Never heard of anything like that!

Ps 284 Lew Wallace 3

Posted October 18, 2013
PS 284 has improved greatly since Mrs Pitts-Girard became principal. Under her leadership 284 went from a D to a B. She has brought more programs to the school to help enrich the students both personally and academically. Your child will receive a solid education at ps 284

Ps 284 Lew Wallace 5

Posted August 02, 2009

Ps 284 Lew Wallace 5

Posted July 23, 2009

Ps 284 Lew Wallace 4

Posted July 14, 2009

Ps 284 Lew Wallace 0

Posted May 28, 2009
My children went to Ps284 . Since they both have left i can see a big difference from the work and the interest in the staff at there others schools. The school just needs alittle more parent involment .

Posted May 06, 2009
My son went to 284 for k-1 and part of second grade. There is no leadership in the school. The staff and administration shows no interest in the students, the principal is never visible ! Since I removed my son from the school in Dec I have seen a major improvement in his academics skills

Posted October 01, 2008

Posted July 27, 2008

Posted July 17, 2008
My son went to P.S. 284 grades K-1. The teachers that I dealt with and some of the staff was excellent. The biggest problem I saw at the school was the lack of presence from the principal. If the head doesn't seem to care about engaging with students, parents or the community, I feel the school will end up divided and weakend. Parents, teachers and the staff that really care end up frustrated and either leave or transfer. ( I transferred my son for the 2nd grade). This is why the school continues to fail. The strength begins with the head, and at P.S 284 there is no head, no leadership.

Ps 284 Lew Wallace
213 Osborn Street, Brooklyn, NY  11212
Last modified Ps 284 Lew Wallace is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 284 Lew Wallace Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top