Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Atlas there is a SCHOOL that exist in every sense of the word like a SCHOOL! An institution of learning that nourishes its students mentally, physically, and emotionally. At any given day you will see children heading out of the building to touch, feel, learn, research, question, confirm all what they had been taught in class. Buses await them on their journey, and transit clerks await them at their gate! They maybe heading to Prospect Park Lefferts Homestead to build a wigwam (Native American Study), heading to the park's peninsula (Nature Study) or grabbing bathing suits and heading to the pool(Asphalt Green/YMCA Swim program). Learning is taught to meet the needs of every child and parents who are not planning and strategizing ways to increase the school's budget are joining in on the fun in the classrooms and on trips! Plays, musicals, and sing-a-longs are performed during the day and an amazing open mic to your talents during the evening, allows children to show off their talents to classmates, staff, friends and family at a yearly evening extravaganza where yes..your child has the MIC! What a way to learn, grow, laugh and be!! ALL at this BROOKLYN NEW SCHOOL!!!!!!

Great learning environment for happy kids. Huge parents' involvement and brilliant loving principal do make a difference. I'm happy my two kids can learn in classroom and through many field trips in this excellent school.

The Brooklyn New School is a excellent school. My son is in his second year (1st grade) and every morning he is wagered to go to school. The school is hands on based. It's not your average traditional setting. The parents are very much involved into their child's education and the curriculum is very riching. I love this school

I absolutely love BNS as a child growing up and going to private school I was so worried in placing my daughter in a public school questioning will she get the fundamentals that she needed...then I remembered how much pressure was placed on me when I was in private school and I didn't want that for my child this is one of the reasons why I placed my daughter in BNS 146. my child's voice and opinion was always taken into consideration there was never a stupid answer or question. my daughter looked forward to school and even got upset when it came to winter and spring breaks but I had to explain to her teachers and students need to time off to rest their brains so you can have a fresh start. What I love most about the school are how frequent they go on trips and these are trips where the children are learning they are required to bring their notebooks to draw pictures and write little paragraphs about what they've seen or learn. my daughters teachers were so supportive of me and my work schedule and understood what I wanted for my child and they fulfilled my requests. BNS teachers pay real close attention to your children and see what catches their eye and what they like and they would push that. my daughter love books so they gave her options to go to their school's library to pick books that she liked and was easy for her to read. My child started BNS in kindergarten 2014 and by the end of 2015 I have seen a difference in her writing reading even her speech, she doesn't just draw just to draw my daughter draws pictures telling a story. I may be making this school sound like a fairytale like it's perfect all I can say it's perfect for my daughter. Now the only downfall are the crowded hallways in the morning and afternoon some classrooms may be overcrowded or the classrooms are just placed together too close but besides that I couldn't be more happy and this 2015-2016 year we are going to 1st Grade and we can't wait. YAY!

We could not be happier at BNS. The teachers are so caring and dedicated. The children are treated with respect and everyone uses their first name. My children love going to school here. Two of my kids have learning issues and the school has worked hard to make sure they have the support they need to thrive in the classroom. You won't find any mindless test prep here at BNS. As a matter of fact, 95% of our parents opted out (up from 80% last year) of the state tests. The principal and teachers really support us as parents in making the right choices for our children. BNS is a rare gem of a school in NYC. I couldn't imagine having our children anywhere else.

Brooklyn New School Is an academically wonderful environment in all aspects of learning for the children confidence .It is totally progressive over the traditionally public school system. The students are the ingredient parts of strong leadership of teachers, school administrations and parents involvement. We will have third and fourth grade students for the fall of 2014.

I love this school. More importantly, my daughters love this school, love their teachers and wake up excited to go to school in the morning. Parent involvement is very good. Thanks BNS.

My review from 2007 which reviewed the current principal and staff was removed. She was called a pitbull principal for a reason and she met that title when she mocked my child like a playground bully during a meeting. Some girls parents filed a case against teachers who pulled hair as punishment in my 2nd graders class. They lost my preK son one day and couldn't recall when the last time they saw him since lunch. The PreK teacher showed up late to greet the kids in the morning across the street at the park as planned, but leaving parents on their own to watch over other kids whose parents had to go work, almost 2 times per week. The principal's response: "Teacher has kids and responsibilities too". The result to pullng my son out after being mocked to tears in front of me, she called CPS which said she had file one too many frivolous cases. Case was closed before it was opened.

I have had two of my three children attend BNS. The third will be entering Kindergarden in the fall. My oldest is now a 10th grader in BCS. My children love to attend school and are actually upset there are weekends and holidays off! Also, the two also received special education services and are now doing extremely well with their studies. I love this school because it teaches my children the way I raise them, they have the ability to know for themselves how to learn and create. An amazing school that all schools should be modeled after.

PS 146 also has reviews under the title Brooklyn New School. The latter seemed to have surfaced after this school title showed very concerning reviews. How does a school get listed on Great Schools and why were hey allowed to add their school a second time using their other title?

Last modified P.S. 146 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5