Brooklyn, NY

St Francis Xavier School 4

Posted October 29, 2012
My son graduated from SFX in 2010 where he attended since grade 4 (after the regrettable closure of St. Thomas Aquinas). In general I was pleased with the quality of education and discipline at St. Francis Xavier. Love her or hate her, Sister Kathleen (who has since finally retired) had a very long tenure for a reason. She was strict, rigid even, and totally no-nonsense, but she cared about the students. I believe this even though she was known to make some off-colored or downright offensive comments. The teachers felt a little stressed to me, but my son managed to do very well and graduated first honors.

Posted February 26, 2010
St. Francis Xavier is an excellent elementary school. My daughters graduated a few years ago and are doing extremely well in high school. Their progress is based on the solid foundation that was laid at St. Francis. As a parent, I strongly support the discipline administered at the school. Discipline is teaching, and my children were taught so they can be even better at what they do. A child who receives discipline will more likely be a disciplined adult. At St. Francis, my daughters were taught to believe in themselves and to always strive for academic as well as moral excellence. Although we teach our children at home it is always wonderful when their school environment fosters and encourages these standards. Sister Kathleen is a superb principal! The very best in all of Brooklyn! Thank you Sister and the entire Staff.

Posted May 08, 2009
the best school in all of brooklyn, great education for children

St Francis Xavier School 1

Posted December 04, 2008
Two of my four children went to this school. It was a big mistake. They lived in fear the entire time. Now that I know what else is out there I am so glad my other two have had wonderful experiences elsewhere. Fear is no way to educate!

St Francis Xavier School 1

Posted October 08, 2008

Posted April 23, 2008
St.Francis Xavier School is such a wonderful learning place for me. I have been in St.Francis Xavier since Kindergarten. Now I'm in 8th grade getting ready to graduate in two months. Sister Kathleen is an excellent principal. She makes sure everything is in order everday. The teachers are also amazing. They help you understand what you don't get and are very friendly. This is why I like St. Francis Xavier School.

Posted April 16, 2008
St. Francis Xavier school is one of the best catholic schools in Brooklyn. The students are friendly and enjoyable. The teachers are exteremely helpful and kind. The tuition is less than most catholic schools in Brooklyn.This school had helped me to grow as a person and also gave me an excellent education.

St Francis Xavier School 4

Posted April 14, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008
My two little girls attend SFX and they have been there since Kindergarten one is in the 4th grade and the other in 2nd grade. It saddens me that other families have had negative feedback on this school. I speak for myself and only myself when I say that my girls are receiving a great education and the help I get from the teachers and Sister Kathleen is wonderful. My oldest finally made 1st honors this year and let me tell you she worked hard for it even attending summer school for Math. Ms. Gregory made sure she worked her tutu off and it paid off with an A in Math. All and all everyone has their own opinion but for me there is no better school.

Posted January 15, 2008
I love St Francis Xavier I went to that school when sister first became principal. my neices and nephews all go to that school. I received the best education. I now work in special education for the New York city Public school system and i would like to tell everyone that teachers in SFX give more of themselves then any other school in all of New York. The support staff are the most pleasant I have ever been around. The school is always clean and well taken cared of. You never feel like you dont belong when you enter the school everyone is welcomed

St Francis Xavier School
763 President Street, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified St Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Xavier School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top