PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

As a first time mom of a nursery student, I was really nervous about sending off my baby to school. I wanted her to be happy, safe, and comfortable. From the moment I spoke with the principal, Arlene Figaro, and some of the teachers, I knew I had found what I was looking for in Visitation Academy. Arlene is such a warm, nurturing, inspiring woman. She cares so much for her girls and is always going the extra mile to ensure their happiness and success. You can see it anytime she talks about them. She talks about them with such pride and joy. In addition, the teachers are fantastic. Mrs. Junsch, Ms. Kerry and Mrs. Sarachman are just amazing. They are loving and funny and playful with the girls. My daughter talks about them all the time with such a smile on her face. It's such a wonderful feeling as a parent. Yesterday, as I watched my daughter run towards the school gate when we got out of the car for morning drop off, it hit me, just how happy I am with VA, and how happy my daughter is with VA. Knowing your daughter wants to be at school, looks forward to it, and genuinely enjoys it, is such an incredible feeling. I know VA will be more than a school for my daughter, it will be her second home. If you are looking for a place where your daughter will learn, thrive, and be happy, where you as a parent can leave in the morning, knowing they will be safe, cared for and loved, then VA is the place you are looking for.

I have a daughter in middle school and I am so pleased with the teachers dedication and concern for their students. Upon graduation, they attend the best high schools with scholarships and honors. I find the teachers to be very dynamic and engaging; they do an exceptional job in preparing their students for high school. The schools progress is always posted in the local newspaper for everyone to see. The principal as well as her teachers believe in what they do and they do it well.

Visitation Academy in Bay Ridge is a hidden gem. If you are looking for an extraordinary school -- one that offers great academics, as well as a safe and loving environment that will build great confidence and happiness in your daughter -- come here. Either call the school to take a look or go to an open house. You need to see what you are missing. We travel far to come to this school and have done so since our girls were in nursery. We cannot begin to explain the positive experience we have had and they are in middle school now in Visitation. You feel like the principal and school treats your kids very individually, almost personalized education and guidance and support. They love their school and so do we. Check it out.

My daughter began Pre-K in the 2014-15 term and is currently in Kindergarten. The teachers are strong and nurturing and Arlene Figaro, head of school, is a visionary. A superb environment that nurtures girls in mind, body and spirit.

A fine institution offering a superb education as well as a safe, loving, and nurturing environment. Beautiful grounds the girls get to enjoy and remarkable improvements to this historical building every single year put this school in a class by itself.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are engaging and are there for the girls. The teachers as well as religious staff give confidence in their everyday teaching.

Amount of homework: Agree

So far since i have a young daughter the homework seems fine if they get a bit more at times not a problem it cannot always be the same and they do need to feel challenged.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Visitation provides an atmosphere that gives the young ladies confidence to deal with each other socially, gives them a warm atmosphere to be kind and respectful to one another.

I did look at many other schools but none touched on what i wanted for my daughters future education like Visitation. With so much going on in this world school needs to be a place you feel confident that every day you drop off your daughter you know that she will not only get educated by great teachers but they will be in an atmosphere that is loving and safe, be able to play on the grounds like no other school I have seen and you can walk away knowing that they are HAPPY. It satisfies what I am looking for not only as a foundation for educational growth but her focus on her religious growth as well. There is a loving presence not only with the regular teachers but religious staff as well. Mrs. Figaro is a very engaging principal and is always there for the girls and out for their best interest. She is not a principal that just sits behind her desk she is the kind of woman who will even help take your daughters hand on the first jittery day of school in which that child will never forget and make the next days so much easier. I have a younger daughter in the school but every year I have been there and engage with the graduates I see confident, respectful, articulate, well mannered young ladies ready to take on anything. The girls graduate to be able to enter wonderful High Schools and many other graduates I know have gone to college with confidence as well as obtain great jobs as well as become successful entrepreneurs. The school in just the past 4 yrs I have been there has gone through so much revitalization in technology, building upgrades, classroom updates to be able to be with the times and continues to do so. The foundation is most important especially in the early years of your daughters life. I have nothing but great experiences so far not only with the staff but I am an engaged parent in the school with other great moms and we are all here for our girls and they will remember that. We as well as the dedicated staff are here for them. I hope this helps any parent considering the school. You can read many reviews but you should just take some time to visit the school and see for yourself it won't hurt. :-)

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter is currently in the 8th grade. We came to Visitation in the 5th grade from a school in Staten Island, as we live in Staten Island. I will never forget, visiting the school with my daughter, as she was very nervous about the girls and if she was going to have a hard time transitioning. Upon walking into the classroom, the students welcomed my daughter to the classroom, and were so excited to be getting the "New Girl" they all wanted to sit with her, it was like a celebration... I really couldn't believe it! My daughter was so happy which made for an easy transition... I have never looked back, upon my decision. Though the commute from Staten Island everyday is very difficult, it is worth every minute. I know that we made the right decision... I have had both experiences, coming from a parochial school since 5th grade... Visitation Academy is a magical place, truly. In this crazy world and what our girls are being exposed too on the outside world, you won't find that here. Mrs Figaro, empowers each girl everyday, inspires them to be the best they can be through her words. The girls are modest and ladylike, articulate, smart, graceful.. This was the right foundation for my daughter as I want her to be a fine young woman. I love the fact that they have rules of dress and must get their dresses for occasions approved, I love this, I want this for my daughter, I want her to be modest. I want her to be fine young lady, and this is the school that lays the foundation.... It is the best kept secret for young women of tomorrow.

Last modified Visitation Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8