PK-8|Private
1,016 students

Bad
Good

This school is a total waste of money. Save you money and go to a free public school. I had to take my child out of Babmi and put him in a public school and he is much happier now. Overrated, poorly run school with under-trained, unprofessional and unmotivated teachers.

At every school anyone can find the bad and the good things. I have two kids there. I think it's a great school. All teachers that I meet care about kids and if they don't do homework or don't bring it or what ever what: they called and remind and remind and remind. They push kids to study, they help them to do better. I was suprized when my younger got 4 on a state tests without any tutors. And he is not a storng student. The school provide hot meal, normal, maybe some russian style but my juds love it. My oldest was in a public school before and I was really not happy( and he was in a gifted class) he likes to say: I barely eat for three years in a public school and now I can eat. Of course like in every school you can find negative but all positives crossing out all negotives that you can find.

It took me a while to write this comment, but I feel that maybe, it will help other parents decide if they really want their child to attend this school or daycare. I would not recommend this school for anyone, as the teachers absolutely do not care about children. These schools do not have anti-bully program, so the children are beaten by other children and the teachers do nothing. Moreover, the teachers can yell and slap children themselves. My daughter, who was 4 at a time, had her mouth taped along with other 20 children, because their teacher had a headache. It all was visible on camera. That was one of many incidents of this kind. Now, both of my children, thankfully, out of this school, and still remember it as nightmare and still thank me for taking them out of this school. Think twice, before sending your children to this school!

Overrated, overpriced, loosely managed school with the biggest accent on charging clients lots of money while hiring poorly trained, uncertified, inept teachers. This is not a school - this is an overly expensive parking lot of your children.

Wish city would take this school as a model for public schools. cost per child is much lower than what city pay. Most parents are happy with education. I am very happy. The only reason i am posting the review is because i was looking for official address and did a quick Google and got to this site. I really do not care what others think I know I am doing the right thing for my child.

Overrated! Parents are the once who make students so successful! All the stuff does - create competitive environment and Overload children with homework. Rest is done by poor parents.

After reading the reviews I decided to post one myself. As a parent of a child who attended Bambi for K and also as the husband of someone who taught at the school. Most of the teachers are NOT licensed. Some of the younger teachers have yet to graduate college let alone have a master's. My daughter needed therapy after the negative reinforcement techniques used by the teachers. When we got next to the school each morning, this usually happy child would put her head down and beg not to go. When she couldn't do 2nd grade math problems (in Kindergarten) the teacher actually threatened to write "DUMMY" on her forehead with a permanent marker. When my wife confronted her, she didn't even deny it. The admin staff encourages teachers to give good grades even if the children don't deserve them in order to prevent parents from pulling their kids from the school. My wife who is a licensed NYS teacher with a Masters pulled my daughter out and left the school herself. By far the biggest mistake we ever made.

My kid had been studying in that school starting from pre-school and finishing last year in the 9th grade. Unfortunately there wasn't 10th grade in the school, otherwise my child would have been there for sure.

Two of the departments that really stand out in my memory are the Math and English departments. Math teachers in this school are really strong and very serious about their subject. Lessons were very clear and homework assignments were challenging enough for us to absorb the material, but not overwhelming. I recall seeing math topics studied at other schools and they were a joke in comparison to the ones we learnt. English classes... I cannot stress how difficult it is to encounter good English teachers nowadays and I have seen quite a few from different middle schools. They often do not teach grammar or skim through the reading texts and just focus on having their students perform on simple standardized exams, which I hate. In Big Apple Academy this is really not the case. They have strong faculty for both - grammar and literature lessons. This really helps once you get to taking SAT's for colleges. I came to BAMBI knowing no English at all and got perfect on the SAT English and 75% of grammar I needed I learnt at BAMBI. Overall, once I got to high school, I realized just how well prepared I was in all the departments. BAMBI is a great and challenging environment.

One thing that is truly unique to this school is the attention provided by faculty. Everyone - from teachers to the principal - is available for parents and students to talk to. The environment is respectful and caring. I do not remember being in a situation when I, as a student, had a problem - personal or academic - and was not offered help from the faculty. I really enjoyed the personal approach to academics. My classmates and I knew the teachers and felt free to speak to them about our progress and the subject material. If we ever had questions, they were always answered. In general, I would say that this school is for those who want to succeed. If a student is serious about academics and wanting to learn, he/she will REALLY benefit from this program. If a student wants to slack off, this school is not right for them. The only negative feedback I ever heard about the school came from students and parents of students who wanted to breeze through school without lifting a finger. In terms of the environment, students become really close friends. Teachers move from class to class - not students, which makes it a lot easier to interact during breaks. I had a great experience.

Last modified Big Apple Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8