Cold Spring, NY

Posted November 05, 2010
Great school - new special education teacher is wonderful! Good job done by all. Thank you!

Posted September 16, 2009

Haldane High School 3

Posted April 02, 2008
I'm am an alum of Haldane and this school is small even though it is a public school. The main problem with this school is that the arts tend to not be the main focus along non-sport extracurriculars. Since it is small, if twith he school has something its pretty easy to participate in the activity, but the school doesn't offer much. If you/your children are an academic/arts person there can probably be a better place found else where (although if you're an academic and go here, there isn't much competition). Also small is not always better. Everyone knows everyone else and although its gotten better in the past few years, most people grew up together in the combined elementary school. The AP classes that are offered are limited (unless it was added recently there is still no BC Calculus) and nearby colleges that offer classes are really that close. Due to

Posted November 21, 2007
I used to go to Haldan High School until my the end of my junior year, and let me say this: I have never been in a close knit community more friendly than Haldane, although any news spreads like wildfire. The teachers are the best, and when I moved to Daytona Beach, FL I was far ahead of my senior class.

Haldane High School 2

Posted May 17, 2007
When we moved here I thought there was an advantage to a small school. I was wrong. While academically it is a good school there are other things to consider. Such as the lack of enforcement of the dress code. Do the teachers not see this or are they told to ignore it? Where is the principal? If the teachers are ignoring this what else are they 'not seeing' or not telling the parents about. My children go to the middle school but we will take them out and send them to a different HS

Posted February 07, 2007
Haldane is like a private school. I teach high school in another district, and am so happy that my children are in Haldane. The personal attention there is so important to overall student success. The principals at the middle and high school are very supportive, approachable, and seem to know every child in the district. Everyone has a chance to participate in sports due to its small size, and the athletic programs are great. Many 'extras' are provided by the Haldane School Foundation, a parent-organized fundraising group, which adds to the overall experience. For its size, it has many great programs. The arts are valued by the school, supported by the foundation, and enriched by contributions from the talented, somewhat 'artsy' community. There is a sense of safety, partially due to the fact that in this small town everyone knows each other. I would not send my kids anywhere else!

Posted October 17, 2006
Hi. Im not a parent, I am a student. Honestly, our school is a very good school for Some kids. The fact that it is so small is a positive in most areas, but it is not taken seriously in some ways. We have some of the best teachers in the state and a pretty good range of programs (sports, classes.)Compared to most schools our Drug use is not that bad, alchohal and cigarettes are another story. Nice community.

Posted September 10, 2005
- a former student
This school is like going to a private school. You get all of the attention from going to a small school but get a lot of programs that private schools may or may not have.

Posted June 21, 2005

Posted January 19, 2005

Haldane High School
15 Craigside Drive, Cold Spring, NY  10516
Last modified Haldane High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haldane High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top