Posted June 18, 2013
My son is finishing up his senior year at John Jay High School in Cross River. This school has been a tremendous experience for him. When he first came to John Jay, we moved from Virginia, he was very shy and withdrawn. As he entered his Junior year you could suddenly see the change in him emerging. He started to make friends and became more outgoing. I truely believe that this is a result of the effort and provided by the staff at John Jay. My son was an IEP student and even though he was a good student with more than passing grades he need invidual attention to succeed. John Jay ent far and above in providing this to him. He is graduating with a NY State Regents diploma, something i would never even dreamed of. This is a fantastic school and i highly reccommend John Jay to all parents and gaurdians. Thank you.

John Jay High School 1

Posted July 19, 2012
i went to this school my freshmen year for 3 months i was an outsider from the area so i was bullied and picked on since i was not with them prior to high school. i didn't not like this school at all i was transferred to rck :) i give this school a one on teachers and students there!

Posted June 27, 2012
As a former student of Jjhs, (class of 2006), I cannot imagine having gone to another high school, I loved going to it everyday with the wonderful classmates and teachers I had that taught me how to be who I am today. With an excellent curriculumm, great staff that helped me become successful, I am so thankful that my parents moved to the district so I could benefit from the best learning experience ever!!!! Thank you to everyone who made my 4 years at this school the bestest ever!!!!!!! I hope my son will love it as much as i do when it's his turn to go!

Posted November 03, 2011
As, A student in Katonah Lewisboro and a member of the John Jay Senior High School graduating class of 2011. Looking back on my years at John Jay High School, A lot of my success to have lead me to where I am today. I definitely give a lot the teachers who I had for classes or teachers I knew through extra curriculars.the administrators etc. It is very true that John Jay has a very safe learning environment. great athletics programs. wide range of extra curricular activities. All the teachers and support staff were always understanding of their students. having a school run by people that actually care about their students goes a long way. I don't know how I would manage to be where I currently am. If it wasn't for the support of everybody who helped me, but everyone else there. I couldn't imagine myself going to High School anywhere else. Thank you John Jay for making my one and only High School experience so great and giving me reasons to believe in myself and for all positive encouragement given.

Posted February 26, 2010
My daughter has had wonderful shadowing opportunities - People Magazine, MSNBS and more. The school has provided an enormous about of support and assistance in the college selection process. I also feel that my child is safe at this school

John Jay High School 1

Posted December 14, 2008

John Jay High School 4

Posted September 09, 2008
I credit much of the success I had in college to my experiences at John Jay. Teachers are willing to go the extra mile for students who are willing to put in the effort. Heck, most of them go the extra mile just to help the kids who don't care about school at all! Some parents have a hard time transitioning from the middle school--where their children are essentially coddled--to the high school--where they are not. I've actually witnessed students who do not do their class reading assignments perform poorly, but then their parents call and complain about the teacher being too hard a grader! Not everyone is supposed to get an A. My art classes were also light years ahead of what other people in college had at their high schools.

Posted July 22, 2008
The proof is in the pudding. I have two children in the school now and while the school is demanding both of my children are doing great. There are a ton of options for classes and after school activities.

Posted October 14, 2007
As a student at JJHS I can say the decision by my parents to send me to this school was probably one of the greatest decisions they have ever made. The teachers are amazing and care about their students and there are plenty of opportunities to meet with them. The class sizes are a bit large but if you can be willing to meet with the teachers at extra-help (which is attended by almost everyone) or even participate actively in class you can get just as much out of class as you would if their were 10 kids in a class. The sports and extra-curricular are amazing and the kids are friendly and the school has it's own fun traditions that create an amazing learning environment. The parents will sometimes get too involved in the school's affairs which will get annoying though but being in a district that cares is great.

Posted September 18, 2007
John Jay High School/Cross River is generally an excellent institution. For the most part, the teachers are excellent and really committed to the children. Moreover, the Principal, Rich Leprine, really cares about each and every student and is a wonderful advocate for them. The school serves a community of affluent, upper middle class people who have very high expectations for their children, and, therefore, their high school. The school does not disappoint: not only are academic expectations are very high, but students are expected to excel at extracurricular activities as well. There are always a few community members who publicly lament the high expectations and resulting pressure. Personally, I think John Jay has served my children's needs very well and prepared them nicely for college.

John Jay High School
60 N Salem Rd, Cross River, NY  10518
Last modified John Jay High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Jay High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top