Posted April 24, 2014
I think Cottle is a hidden gem. So many people rave about other more prestigious school districts but I wouldn't want my children anywhere but Cottle. It is a wonderful school and community, I couldn't be happier with the teachers, the kids and other parents I've met in the last 2 years. Someone remarked to me that it's a private school experience in a public school since there are on average 80-90 kids per grade and everyone knows each other. It's truly a special school.

Posted December 13, 2012
My daughter goes to Cottle School and she loves it! The school provides a safe and nurturing environment for the kids to learn and grow in many fun ways. The teachers are nice and experienced, and the curriculum is rich and lively. We are very happy about the school.

Posted October 26, 2012
I love this school and so does my child! It is a great school for all children, iincluding special needs students. It is a small school where all of the administration and staff focus on making everyone feel a part of this community. There is lots done to prevent bullying such as workshops and programs for all students to learn about bullying prevention. Any issues are handled promptly. They focus on academics but also educating the whole child. Lots of special programs throughout the year for all students and plenty of ways for parents to get involved. Its a great school and a wonderful, diverse community.

Posted April 13, 2010
W. E. Cottle is a small very community/family oriented school. The school allows the parents to be involved in their childrens education. It offers many enrichment programs. music, art, sports and dance.

William E Cottle School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
We just moved into Eastchester late last year. I was a bit apprehensive moving my daughter to a new school in the middle of the school year. MY daughter loves Cottle School. She attended mini courses (Jr. Explorer and Arts.Crafts). The school's kindergarten program has a very good handwriting program. Also, the teachers strongly emphasize on children's reading . I am very satisfied with this school.

William E Cottle School 0

Posted March 22, 2009
Wonderful school; great community; excellent teachers and administration. If one word could be used to describe Cottle and the Tuckahoe Schools it would be nurturing. I feel lucky to have my son and daughte in such a great, caring learning environment. Test scores are great and high school students take SAT courses in verbal and math to help them get their scores up! Although my children are still in Cottle, I'm happy my taxes are paying for students to prepare for the SATs and college instead of taking study halls. Back to Cottle- there are lots of after school activities including an active drama club for the students, an active PTA, involved parents and an involved community. School spirit is great. Tuckahoe is the place to be.

William E Cottle School 4

Posted October 26, 2005

Posted March 23, 2004
Cottle is a wonderful school. My son was in another school district for 2 years. The other school had better NYS test scores, but I believe they achieved that by drilling the students, rather than teaching them to learn. My son did not do well, he fell behind and was always afraid of failure. The school did nothing to help him. Cottle focuses on the individual. The teachers at Cottle found my son's strengths and focused the learning process around them. My son is bright and is achieving high test scores now. He has flourished academically and socially. He is more outgoing and loves to learn now. The small school environment allows everyone to get to know one another, and provides the students with more resources. Many schools these days are overcrowded and cutting resources, Cottle has the advantage of providing more for the children.

William E Cottle School 4

Posted February 29, 2004
My children age 5 and 7 love this school. The teachers are very knowlegeable in the subject matter they teach. The teachers are caring and concerned for their students. They also have high standards and expectations. This school has a terrific morning and after school program called T.A.S.C.. There are many 'mimi courses' offered throughout the school year as extra-curricular activities. The school also offers many opportunities for the parents to visit, or get involved in, the school.

William E Cottle School
2 Siwanoy Blvd, Eastchester, NY  10707
Last modified William E Cottle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William E Cottle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.