Posted March 26, 2014
I would have given this school more stars if I could because this is the best school ever. Your child will get the best treatment and the security guard, teachers, everyone is o nice. All the principals and the teachers and the lunch aids know your child's name and they always help out. My daughter went to this school from K-3 and she had a great time. She had Mrs.Choit in K, Ms.Balla and Mrs.Gudici in 1st, Mrs. Brue and Mrs. Nacmara in 2end, and Mrs.Barretta and Mrs. manaris in 3rd. She had a disability so she needed a para and the para Mrs.Santos was great. All the teachers are very caring and if your child needs to find a good school, go to P.S.242. It will benefit you and your child.

Posted December 23, 2010
My son is in the second grade. My son started at this school in Kindergarten. We had a choice of enrolling him in private school or his zone school, PS 214, however, the test scores, the teachers and the Principal received higher marks. This is a fantastic school with extremely bright and innovative teachers. Of course, the leadership of the Principal and the Vice Principal who have guided the course of the school year is outstanding. The security guards, Doloris who makes sure that your child is safe crossing the streets and Carmen who makes sure that your chilid is safely enclosed in the school puts my mind at ease. The entire staff in the main office to the parent teacher coordinator, Ms. Choudrey are helpful and friendly. My son had Ms. Piaser for Kindergarten, Ms. Camastro for 1st grade and currently Ms. Perdicologos in 2nd grade. Outstanding teachers. In addition, the school also plans educational school trips. The only drawback in this school is that it stops at 3rd grade. I wish my son can continue his education past 3rd grade at this school.

Posted December 11, 2010
P.S. 242 is an excellent school & we could not be happier with our decision. We agree with other parents that this is a great foundation school (K-3) and the recent "A" grade the school received on its NYC Progress Report further reinforces the top quality level of P.S.242. We'd highly recommend this school for anyone considering it for their child(ren)!

Posted October 30, 2010
Thrilled with P.S. 242! Caring teachers, excellent leadership & involved parents. Only concern is language barriers with some parents / kids, but love the multicultural community. New After School program this year is a great addition - important to all working parents & so great to have kids all stay in same building for after school! Only wish it was more than K-3!!

Posted August 18, 2010
Teachers and staff make it very enjoyable. I do agree that it is a great foundation school. I was weary about the school location at first but, when I went to the open house it didn't matter anymore. From the security guard to the principal they all made me feel welcomed. I understand why it is number 2 in our district. Number 1 being out mother shool PS 130. PS 130 Math and English - 100% passed,while in PS 242 90.7% passed in 2010. It's because they care. It is nice when someone can acknowledge you and your family as people. Unfortuately Parent involvement can be better but, also understood. Most of the parent are middle income imigrants-they work alot, making it a bit difficult to get involved because of work, and language barrier. I am VERY greatful my son got choosen to go to this beautiful school.

Posted July 20, 2010
Teachers and princilpe are great and they organized alot of activities for kids every week. but hope the school can add after school programs.

Ps 242 Leonard P Stavisky Early Childhood School 0

Posted January 08, 2010
My daughter goes to PS-242 and she is graduating this year.School is amazing.Teachers are very friendly. They go to 'that' extra mile to give the benifit to the child. School is very friendly, caring and the parent co-ordinator Ms.Chaudari is great. All the teachers she got till now are great and excellent in their job. It is sad that the school has only till 3rd grade, but it is a great foundation. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted May 18, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008
The principal from last year left. She was sensational. The new principal seems to be just as good and certainly just as dedicated so I think it will be a smooth transition. Great teachers who really care about their kids. Only negative is extracurricular activities which is basically none. Other than that it's great. I just wish it went past third grade.

Ps 242 Leonard P Stavisky Early Childhood School
29-66 137th St, Flushing, NY  11354
Last modified Ps 242 Leonard P Stavisky Early Childhood School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 242 Leonard P Stavisky Early Childhood School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top