Franklin Square, NY
Students enrolled: 1,798

H Frank Carey High School 3

Posted October 11, 2013
HF Carey is a decent school. They make the most out of the what they have. It is my experience that many teachers will make themselves available for extra help. However, not every student takes advantage. I think some students get overwhelmed with many things socially and academically, and others do well. The math, SS and science departments seem decent. The Band, Art and other non-academic classes are great. The World Languages department needs improvement, as many students struggle.

Posted October 11, 2013
Carey could do a lot better :/ I don't really like it. I'm not learning anything new and teacher need to pay more attention to their students.

Posted April 06, 2013
This school is horrendous. In my years here, I have been bullied relentlessly by several students with no help from teachers or administration. My parents and I have reported several situations to the principal and assistant principal with no results. I have been taunted, hit and assaulted on several occasions by several students and they all have remained unpunished. Also, it is hard to get an education here. The students have no respect for authority. I have attended several high schools throughout the years, none of which have I had such a strong resentment toward. Never was there as many problems at any other school I was at as there has been at H. Frank Carey.

Posted December 13, 2011
I'm not learning as much as i want to it's all just review of the former year until the last 2 months

Posted November 20, 2011
The Spanish class taught by Ms. White was thorough and complete. My son used to hate Spanish, but after being in her class, he speaks it to the waiter every time we go out to eat. Ms. White made my son take it seriously, and she is a no-nonsense professional educator. I think she used to teach in a rough NYC public school, but either way, she was great for my son. I wish all the teachers at Carey were like her.

Posted October 16, 2010
this school should mentor and get involve in student development. they leave it up to the student and without guidance, the student doesnt know which programs or additional courses to join therefore, potential for future success is wasted. this is the reason why less then 50% of the graduating student body does not go on to a 4 year college. the promote the 13th grade which is Nassau Community College. take it from a graduate, this school is terrible in developing for students for success.

H Frank Carey High School 0

Posted May 07, 2010
I have had serious concerns about safety at this school within the past 2 years. Why are the students suspended from other schools housed in this school? Work on improving academic areas and safety to bring this school up to par.

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted December 09, 2009

H Frank Carey High School
230 Poppy Avenue, Franklin Square, NY  11010
Last modified H Frank Carey High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
H Frank Carey High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top