Bad
Good

I feel most of the teachers are willing to help. If your children are in AP or advanced classes, which is usually possible if you try in areas of interest, the education is top notch. It's ok in the regular classes. The world language dept needs help as many children do not do well in Italian and especially Spanish. My children do well in most / all subjects. But the teachers are mostly available to help them.

Carey could do a lot better :/ I don't really like it. I'm not learning anything new and teacher need to pay more attention to their students.

This school is horrendous. In my years here, I have been bullied relentlessly by several students with no help from teachers or administration. My parents and I have reported several situations to the principal and assistant principal with no results. I have been taunted, hit and assaulted on several occasions by several students and they all have remained unpunished. Also, it is hard to get an education here. The students have no respect for authority. I have attended several high schools throughout the years, none of which have I had such a strong resentment toward. Never was there as many problems at any other school I was at as there has been at H. Frank Carey.

I'm not learning as much as i want to it's all just review of the former year until the last 2 months

The Spanish class taught by Ms. White was thorough and complete. My son used to hate Spanish, but after being in her class, he speaks it to the waiter every time we go out to eat. Ms. White made my son take it seriously, and she is a no-nonsense professional educator. I think she used to teach in a rough NYC public school, but either way, she was great for my son. I wish all the teachers at Carey were like her.

this school should mentor and get involve in student development. they leave it up to the student and without guidance, the student doesnt know which programs or additional courses to join therefore, potential for future success is wasted. this is the reason why less then 50% of the graduating student body does not go on to a 4 year college. the promote the 13th grade which is Nassau Community College. take it from a graduate, this school is terrible in developing for students for success.

I have had serious concerns about safety at this school within the past 2 years. Why are the students suspended from other schools housed in this school? Work on improving academic areas and safety to bring this school up to par.

I agree that Carey needs a major overhaul of the teaching staff. I've been less than impressed by the level of teaching in general. The parents and students should have an opportunity to review the teachers annually. The teachers should be held accountable for the good or poor performance of their classes. Perhaps then, they would be more enthusiastic and put more effort into their classes.

I think a major overhaul on their teaching staff needs to be performed. More then a few teachers seem less then enthusiastic. I say concentrate less on banning halloween costumes and halloween jewelery and concentrate more on bringing Carey High School back on track!

Carey offers a variety of AP, Advanced and special programs such as I & A and Architecture. The music program excels and the extracurricular activities far exceeds what other districts offer.

Last modified H Frank Carey High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.