Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 11, 2016
Because of Big Tree excellent principal working as head coach, the coaches being the teachers and the students being the players TOGETHER our team is a blue ribbon school and our children are happy and are winning receiving an excellent education!!! Thank you to all the staff, parents and students of Big Tree!!

Posted January 11, 2016
We moved into the district when my kids were in 1,2 and 5th grade. My kids were well below grade average and had been bullied at their old school. Big Tree staff are excellent!! Even though 2 of my children repeated a grade, the staff works hard, communicates my children needs and my children are happy and learning! My children peers and other parents are nice and friendly. I wish I could give 10 stars rating because Big Tree Elementary is EXCELLENT!

Posted September 26, 2014
The staff, from the principal, to the teachers, to the secretaries, are so welcoming and friendly. The kids are great as well. And it doesn't take much digging to find this school is a Blue Ribbon School for the U.S., and consistently performs well on state assessments! I don't think you can ask for much more from a school! If the taxpayers are smart, they will continue to support this school and district.

Posted November 03, 2010
Big Tree Elementary is fantastic! Great teachers, great principle great students. The foundation that they've been taught will serve them for a lifetime.

Posted April 21, 2010
they are fabulous with the children and with the parents and grandparents. The principal cares and shows she cares.

Posted April 14, 2009
The best school for my children. I was tied up in talkiing about the school on the last rating I forgot to rate it! It was nominated for the Blue Ribbon award (Washington D.C.). The only school in Western New York to be nominated and one of 19 in New York State. Testing results are at the top and the staff, teachers, pincipal & parents are very dedicated.

Posted September 30, 2008
WOW is all I can say. My son has been at Big Tree since 1st grade. The staff is VERY hands on. You will find the Principal out at the buses everyday talking to the kids. The teachers are amazing, Mr Phillips is probably the most dedicated, enthusiastic and amazing teacher we have ever encountered. AAA++

Posted February 07, 2004
All three of my children have been students at Big Tree, The school has high expectations for the students and a very active PTA group that make the whole school a great place to have children come to learn and parents be involved with the program

Posted August 04, 2003
This elementary school is fantastic!! I wish school was like this when I was a kid. The Faculty and Staff are to be commended for the outstanding job they do with our kids. The entire school has such a positive environment,which also reflects on the students and parents- who are greatly involved in their childrens education. I am very pleased with this district and highly recommend it to anyone looking to move into the community.

4460 Bayview Road, Hamburg, NY  14075
Last modified Big Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.