Hicksville, NY
Students enrolled: 1,690

Posted April 17, 2015
My son attends HHS, he is doing very well at school. Teachers, guidance are well aware of their students and prepare them to achieve their goals and beyond. Teachers are committed and so are the students. The school also offers a wide range of AP's, clubs and sports. If your child is willing the school is 3 times more willing. The robotics teacher is always there to help the kids. I am more than satisfied with the school. The children are dedicated and grounded. They can meet the challenges of this world without any problems.

Posted September 26, 2014
In September 2013, Mr. Raymond Williams began his tenure as principal and things are looking up. He is a very active and visible principal: outside the building in the morning on the sidewalk greeting students upon arrival at school and walking around instead of being in his office. He is aware of what is going on and who the culprits are. Academics offer many AP classes and varied electives to suit even the disinterested student. District no longer offers German in middle school, so that is being phased out. Solid music program and good range of athletics. New windows and maintenance issues fixed via capital improvements. Parents need to keep on top of their kids anywhere they live.

Posted May 28, 2014
Hicksville Schools are excellent. Our children have achieved greatly during the current administration. The budget, technology and teachers make this a great school district. The marching band, honor society, wellness fare, homecoming, clubs, talent shows, athletics, school plays and concerts showcase dedication and talent of students and faculty. Private colleges have given a majority of our students full and partial academic scholarships at the high school's on-site interviews for the past several years. The parent involvement and PTA is extraordinarily committed to all of our students. We are so proud of our Hicksville community!

Posted March 19, 2014
I would like to comment on the October 29th 2013 reviewer. Obviously they don't live in Hicksville as they stated, " If I lived in Hicksville- there is no doubt I would pay for private school". Why is this post here if they don't live in Hicksville?

Posted March 10, 2014
This school before 2006 was very outdated. New staff and teachers came and went quickly as they would tell me Hicksville high school was one of the lowest paying districts in Nassau. Student body was diverse. Huge ESL class, roof collapsed and many broken windows sent a cold draft into the classrooms as a result students wore large jackets in class. Not a college prep high school, parents who know better send their children to private school A large numbers of children in Hicksville attend private school as a result of this notoriously poor district.

Posted October 29, 2013
If you want a quality pre college prep for your child/student, then this school is not for them. Faculty is mediocre -at best, facilities are out dated and general atmosphere dismal. I graduated from HHS and - needed immense prep when I entered college. I received that and went on to receive advanced degrees, but looking I can honestly say I learned - zero- at HHS. If I lived in Hicksville- there is no doubt I would pay for private school. HHS is not the place to prepare kids for college. Send your students to private school- this place is an academic failure.

Posted February 26, 2013
This School is terrible at best. Besides the "extra curricular activities" It needs a total overhaul. Most schools on the Island offer more vocational alternatives, for different students with different needs. They will discipline them until they end up being neglected instead of helped. In the year 2013 there must be a better way to help these children. Not Just reiterating " Your child needs to go to extra help"

Posted June 14, 2012
all I can say is I am sorry I moved here probably the worsed as far as community there is non its a hodge podge of transients . Its the people that create the atmosphere of a " I dont care attitude". Take the same teacher and put him/her in plainview schools and its a different story they are going to work for the money. Hicksville is loaded with kids from different districts forging residential equivalents. They come troubled from other schools to create trouble here. I wish I could move it would be the best thing for all of us.

Hicksville High School 3

Posted July 05, 2011
As an alumni of Hicksville High School, it's difficult to hear parents suggesting that the faculty and administration at the school are inept in their roles. Looking back at my own time their I had only myself to blame for not doing better in school, or getting into my first choice for my undergraduate degree. My teachers were excellent, dedicated a tremendous amount of time to trying to get me to work to my potential, and stay engaged with my progress as well as that of my peers. While classroom size, breadth of the curriculum, and test scores, lag neighboring school/school districts (Jericho etc), the key is for parents to keep kids engaged with the material, ensure teachers make the work applicable to real life where possible, and communicate where they feel there are gaps.

Hicksville High School 4

Posted September 15, 2010
I believe Hicksville is an excellent school.Both of my boys play football.All of the athletic teams have been recoginized by the state for academic excellence.The marching band has won 6 straight state titles under the direction of Ms. Tittler.Who is recoginized as the best in Nassau County.

Hicksville High School
180 Division Avenue, Hicksville, NY  11801
Last modified Hicksville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hicksville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top