Horseheads, NY

Posted January 29, 2014
I agree with all the positive statements people have made. So glad out children get to go to Ridge Road school. Everyone has been super nice and helpful and created a nurturing and learning environment.

Posted September 14, 2013
Ridge Road Elementary is pack full of dedicated, caring, and well educated teachers. The staff and PTO put in a lot of extra hours to provide enriching activities for the students and families. Their special education department is fabulous! I challenge you to find a closer knit school of staff and students than Ridge Road. Students who move on to 5th grade from Ridge Road are sad to leave.

Posted September 04, 2012
This school is so welcoming and loving. We came from outta country and all have been fantastic to us. My son is excelling and he had been struggling. Everyone had his best interest in mind and we all worked together And got the ball rolling in the right direction. Even the principle cares her student get what the student needs. This is so great. I love the cozy home feeling this school sends along with great academic team. All the teachers and staff are so wonderful. It nice to know that someone is doing there job for the right reasons and this school is filled with great staff that does just that . I hope all my children get to attend this great school.

Ridge Road School 0

Posted May 24, 2008
Ridge road school in my opinoin is not a very nice school because the teacher are not vey nice and dont teach the kids in the right ways !

Posted March 14, 2008

Posted February 22, 2007
My two sons attend Ridge Road School and we have had nothing but good experiences with them. We have found the staff and teachers to be more than competent, very professional and caring to and about not only the students but other family members as well. The extra-curricular programs are plentiful and rich in content. The support services faculty are A-1 as well. The PTO (Parent Teacher Org.) is a great resource and has an amazing amount of involvement in this small school. Overall, you can't go wrong with this school. It's much better to deal with than any of the other elementary schools, especially Gardner Road. Now, the bus garage is a different story, but that's on the district not this school.

Posted October 22, 2006
I think Ridge Rd is a wonderful place to send your child; my child is in 1st grade (loving it) and I too, went to Ridge Rd. when I was a child. All of the teachers and staff I have encountered are wonderful. My son loves everyone, and what I like best is they all seem to know his name, and know him on a personal level; right down to the cafeteria staff. All programs such as library, music, computer, gym, and so on are great. They go on a six day schedule and that also seems to work very nice. All in all, I am extremely happy to send my precious child there.

Ridge Road School
112 Ridge Road, Horseheads, NY  14845
Last modified Ridge Road School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Road School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top