Long Island City, NY

Posted December 15, 2014
*not Catholic (This comment was sent by the previous submitter of St. Joseph's Elementary review)

Posted September 18, 2014
I used to like this school this past 2 years, my older son was there for nursery and Pre-K. Unfortunately we had a very bad experience with our second one since his 1st day of school. He has to be in nursery this year in St. Jo' but the nursery teacher judge him not able to be in school since he spent his FIRST day crying and asking for mommy! What do you excpect from a little boy who is not even 3 years old in his first day of school! She asked me to keep him home until she will judge him able to come back! and she got so upset when I said no. We had 2 tough weeks, the principal didn't even want to talk about this. And I learned from other parents how rude she could be with kids who don't fit. In this school, they are just looking for the easy way and don't care about the kids. Like other parents said teachers are unprofessional, at least the nursery teacher. Parents are left feeling something is wrong with their child. If you care about your kids don't send them there at least not for nursery.

Posted July 16, 2013
My kid goes to St. Joseph's summer camp and to my disbelief kids are allowed to bring all kinds of electronics to Camp and play. What kind of school allows and encourages kids to play on their DS, I phone or I pad during what should be fun and interactive summer camp? Shouldn't teachers and camp leaders teach kids to be social and interactive? Totally dissapointed.

Posted January 26, 2012
Hello,I am a student who attends St.Joseph School. I think I am getting a great education. The teachers really care. I think you can really talk to the teachers when there are problems. The principal greets you every morning with a kind "hello" . You get awarded every trimester depending on you grades. Your children wil be able to find other children who have the same interest. The are morning programs and afterschool programs. I have been attendind this school since nursery and I am in fifth grade. Everyone around you is always encouraging you to be creative. We do have a uniform but I enjoy it because it makes everybody equal. We do have lunch and recess. We do have clubs,plays,and other things for your child to enjoy. Please trust me in everything i have said. Thank you for reading:).

St Joseph Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2011
Education is really good. Teachers really care. Unfortunately the leadership seems to blatantly favor certain children. The teacher's kids gets the lead roles. The PTA leaders' kids get the spotlight. And if an anonymous kid happens to win something in the school, not a mention, but those connected kids have thier pictures plastered everywhere whether they win or not. It is just a little irritating considering the good quality of education. Hopefully this post will wake up the higher ups, because over the last 2 years, many people are starting to notice.

St Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted July 05, 2010
My daughters attend St. Joe's since pre-K and I couldn't be happier. The teachers care about the students and make sure that they understand the work. I am a working parent and the morning and afterschool programs are amazing. I go to work without and worries and I know that they are safe and are receiving a wonderful education. I'd recommend this school to anyone.

Posted January 24, 2010
My daughter is going to st joe's for pre-k. She is thriving and learning so much. She is extremely happy and loves school and her teacher. I find the afterschool program extremely affordable and enjoyable. They help with homework and have playtime. The only gripe I have is that tuition will go up so considerably next year I don't think we can afford it which saddens me. I do not find PS 70 to be a great school and pray that I can keep my daughter in st joe's. I like their structure and curriculum and am still amazed at how my daughter can write words and her full name in prek!

St Joseph Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2009
In St. Joseph School the possibilties of a child getting a good education are fair. However, teachers will constantly bother you about the smallest things and will not stand for any open-minded questions. In St.Joseph School chidren are tought to be very close minded and there is a huge lack of creativity. My mother is constantly bothered day after day for very little things. In my opinion do not send your child to this school unless you expect them to be a military sargent.

Posted September 30, 2008

St Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2008
My daughter has been going to this school for 4 years since Nursery and she loves. They are very strict and conservative but this is exactly the reason why she is in a catholic school. My daughter has good principals and I have no concern regarding her safety when she is there. They are very concern about working parents and have all types of programs to facilitate your like (morning programs, after school, etc..

St Joseph Elementary School
2846 44th St, Long Island City, NY  11103
Last modified St Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joseph Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top