Marlboro, NY

Marlboro Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is excellent in terms of its teachers, which are excellent. My daughter loves her teacher. Mr. Corsetti, the Assistant Principal, is also great with parents. I had the need to contact him several times since school started this year. He is very professional, but he is also very friendly and approachable. The only reason I don't give this school a five star rating is this Common Core curriculum. If the school doesn't comply with it, they lose their funding. I do believe, however, that our School Board and our Superintendent of Schools could have fought harder for our children and found a way around Common Core. I've spoken with quite a few parents and the sentiment is the same. Great school and staff - horrible curriculum. Thanks NY State - another botched endeavor!!!

Marlboro Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2013
This pains me to write this, but my child is struggling in this school. I feel that the teachers here do not have the necessary resources to keep the children motivated to learn and with the pending cuts due to the Dynegy tax crisis, it is only going to get worse. I have researched other districts in other areas and found that they have modern technology such as laptops and tablet computers for each child whereas Marlboro has just a few outdated desk top computers per classroom that will not be replaced as they break down. There are no STEM labs and a limited amount of after school activities and field trips, yet we pay the highest school taxes in the area. I am very disappointed in the quality of education here and am now going to research our options in other school districts even if that means moving my family.

Marlboro Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2011
There's nothing to be disgusted about! I sent two kids through Marlboro Schools and they both got into excellent colleges. You get what you put into it, I didn't rely on the teachers to mold my kids. There are no gangs and you have excellent sports and music programs to keep them busy after school. There is a wonderful sense of community in Marlboro.

Marlboro Elementary School 1

Posted September 23, 2009
As a parent I am disgusted with the district as a whole. It has been made clear that the school is no longer interested in teaching the kids anything except passing the state tests.

Marlboro Elementary School
1380 Route 9w, Marlboro, NY  12542
Last modified Marlboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marlboro Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top