Middle Island, NY
Students enrolled: 1,340

Posted January 12, 2015
Phenomenal school. Excellent teachers. Students have a lot of clubs to choose from and the administration is stellar.

Longwood Junior High School 3

Posted December 08, 2013
I am currently a student at LJHS 2012-2014 and my experience had not been the best. The school has almost no air conditioning, some of the food is not always fresh, and the students aren't behave as they should, and some staff member choose favorites which is frowned apon,

Posted August 25, 2013
I am a student that went to the Junior High in 2011-2013 and it is an absolutely amazing school. The education is great and there are many extra curricular activites. The sports program is great as well as the music program. Yea, there may be a bunch of students that may not do good but that is their choice. The teachers do provide before/after school help if you need it. I've been on high honor/honor roll EACH quarter since the beginning of 7th grade to the end of 8th. Overall the school is great. Truely a New York State "School to Watch."

Longwood Junior High School 4

Posted May 15, 2012
I currently go to LJH and I LOVE IT! Teachers and faculty are strict with the rules and policies. The teachers make learning fun and help everyone to get good grades. In the beggining of the year i had been struggling in ACC MATH 7 and my teacher helped by offering me extra credit and extra help.

Longwood Junior High School 3

Posted March 30, 2009
I am currently in Longwood Senior High, but my experiences at the Jr. high were not that great. The assistant princiapal Mr.** had not been acting apon what he says. That is my only concern, otherwise this is a good school.

Longwood Junior High School

Posted August 29, 2008
You get out of it what you put in. If you are an involved parent, the schools are great. My daughter went k-12 before the re-alignment of the grades and it was always a great learning enviornment. Caring, skilled teachers and wonderful afterschool activities. My son, less academic minded, has been struggling but teacher concern and contact has kept him on track. I think the previous set-up of k-5 elementary, 6 & 7 middle school, 8 & 9 JHS and then 10-12 HS was more beneficial and would have given him the maturity needed for entering high school. All in all the school led my daughter, with fine teachers, and excellent guidence onto her career as an audiologist. I am proud of my children, their accomplishments thus far and the Longwood school district.

Posted January 05, 2008
Having children moving up through the schools in the Longwood school district I have had enough time now to compare one school to another. (Coram School, West Middle Isl, MS, JHS and the HS). It's my personal opinion that in Longwood the most extra help resources during and after school are available at the MS and JHS level. The JHS is managed well, as is the MS due to the fact that there are only 2 grades in each. I am impressed with the teachers all of my children had in the JHS and cant say enough great things about teacher's staying in contact and on top of students at the JHS. In closing; the JHS is great, the teachers are excellent and the extra services available to the students are wonderful!

Posted September 04, 2007
I love LJHS! I got awesome teachers who made learning really fun, and I still had to work hard to get good grades. And I got really good grades. Actually... I got the highest grade point average out of all the girls in my grade, but I still had to work really hard. The discipline was great, I remember when someone on my bus threw a soda can out the bus window and it hit a car. The administration wouldn't let anyone off the bus until they figured out who threw the can. Dr. McIntyre has a very strict no violence policy. It's this, 'If I fight, I go home'. My teachers also celebrated the end of each marking period by taking some students who did particularly well to do something like bowling, minigolf, the movies, or even an awesome end of the year barbeque. In short, Longwood Junior High Rocks!

Longwood Junior High School 1

Posted September 24, 2006
In my opinion Longwood let my son down.I have had my children in the district since my oldest was in K and she is now a senior.I removed my two boys from the school for their lack of caring and ability to protect the children at the JR. High. Academics, I felt they were falling short as well at the Jr. High level.

Longwood Junior High School 4

Posted July 20, 2006
Academically the school has been nothing short of GREAT (has been in an IEP since 3rd grade;) but, he has been constantly bullied since kindergarten. Well, THREE DAYS into Jr. High, I went to the Adm. about the bullies. Mr. O'Neill and a guidance counselor solved the problem. Permanently. This, and Dr. Levi as the Principal, and all the great & caring teachers (the Band teachers ROCK!), got my son out of his shell and off and running and now, having just finished his Freshman year, has the best grades & attitude EVER!

Longwood Junior High School
198 Longwood Road, Middle Island, NY  11953
Last modified Longwood Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longwood Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top