Miller Place, NY

Posted April 26, 2014
Quality individualized education!! The teachers go out of their way to help my children and are constantly communicating their progress online.

North Country Road School 1

Posted June 07, 2013
Student environment is terrible. Kids are bullied to death and constantly looking for new ways to hurt each other. Parents are either oblivious to it, turn the other cheek and deny that their angel child can do anything wrong, and in some cases encourage this unacceptable behavior. Administration does not do nearly enough to stop it and does not punish the perpetrators with so much as a warning, even for prolonged psychological abuse. Food in the Miller Place School District overall is terrible, and thanks to obscene budget cuts, extracurriculars are near nil compared to other schools on Long Island. The daily psychological abuse I've experienced here has left me with a repressed anger that I still haven't forgotten about even into college. Any parent who cares about their kids' quality of life in school will avoid Miller Place at all costs.

Posted May 15, 2013
This school is great. Great teachers led by an even better principal. Had a bullying issue and the principal has been right on top of it. Kids love their teachers every year. It's been a great experience!

Posted July 15, 2011
This school has been nothing but a positive environment for my son. The administration is wonderful as well as the the teachers. I'm very happy my son goes to this district.

North Country Road School 3

Posted September 28, 2010
School is a living hell. The Mlller Place school district is definitely not what it used to be. The lack of disciplinary action from the administrators is very poor. They don't address any situation that you bring to their attention. The most you'll get is a sly "I'm sorry to hear that." They hide behind standardized testing scores. Not a great district. I moved from Miller Place fairly recently and one of the reasons was because I didn't want my children in the district anymore. If you're considering moving to Miller Place because of the district, I ask you to reconsider your decision.

Posted August 02, 2009

North Country Road School 1

Posted June 17, 2009

Posted May 12, 2009
cool school - principal is the bomb, assistant principal is okay but they need to have more assemblies or shows or something! In school orchestra/band concerts!!!

North Country Road School 0

Posted December 26, 2008
I hate this school more then I've ever hated anything else in my life. The lack of disciplinary actions is absolutely insane. The way the students relate to eachother is inappropriate and embaressing. I'm in 8th grade and I can't wait to get away from the Miller Place atmosphere in a few months...

Posted June 14, 2007
Acting Principal's leadership is really really great! I'm very happy to moved this school district

North Country Road School
191 North Country Road, Miller Place, NY  11764
Last modified North Country Road School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Country Road School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top