The Ursuline School

Private | 6-12 | 770 students

Living in New Rochelle

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $623,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,520.

Sweep tile

Posted January 15, 2014

We love Ursuline for our daughter. In the few years that our daughter has been in the school, her academic and social growth has been remarkable. We feel blessed to have our daughter in such a wonderful environment!

Posted January 9, 2014

My daughter was miserable at this school. The girls/teachers/community are very materialistic and they care more about how much money you donate to the school than the academics. All of the "community awareness" is self serving not true Christianity.

Posted January 2, 2014

Ursuline is a phenomenal school. The teachers are caring, the girls are nice kids (not mean or in cliques), and the academics are great! Both my husband and I attended top high schools and have several Ivy league degrees and we know excellence when we see it. Ursuline girls are smart, athletic and care about their communities. Moreover, we have not seen evidence of materialism.

Posted January 2, 2014

Ursuline is fantastic! My daughter loves the school. The academics, teacher quality, and environment are outstanding.

Posted September 11, 2013

I am a parent of two daughters who attend/ed The Ursuline School. They are polar opposites and their is/was something, actually many things to interest both of them. I am not wealthy. Both my husband and I work to make a quality education available to our children. Ursuline is a quality education! I had a daughter graduate last year and she loved her years at Ursuline. She got into all the schools she applied to, which means she could have even stretched further, but they were her choices. Schools like, Boston College, Villanova Univ , Holy Cross, Fordham Univ, ..etc My younger daughter is still at Ursuline and will start preparing soon for her next steps and Ursuline will be there to make sure it goes well! If you choose Ursuline I think you will be pleased.

Posted September 2, 2012

I graduated in 1994 and spent grades 7-12 at this great institution. While I think the social dynamics of the school are the least desirable part of my experience, I do agree I received top notch instruction by the teachers. Bottomline - the academics are superior and that is the main issue that matters!

Posted June 21, 2011

Graduated in 2007 and was a student from 6th-12th grade. EXCELLENT school!!! Would highly recommend! Gained long lasting friendships and the teachers take a strong interest with their students.

Posted June 17, 2011

Word of mouth concerning Ursuline is invariably positive. The substantial tuition, however, moves one to want some objective assurance of the school's academic excellence. It may be that the academic performance of Ursuline's students compares favorably with that of students in the better Westchester school districts but I was hard put to get any evidence of it. Inquiries to the main office and guidance department yielded nothing solid. I was referred to the website but I could find nothing there to help me make comparisons with other schools. There are no standardized test scores and no college acceptance rates broken down by college name and number of acceptances per year. It seems to me that the school should make such information readily available to prospective students and their parents.

Posted February 17, 2011

This school is amazing. The teachers are so helpful and really care about the students. They will always work with you, if you are having trouble in a class.The school also gives us a lot of freedom and we are allowed anywhere during our free periods and lunch. Mrs. Davidson is also an AMAZING principal, she is the model for our entire school community. The girls are also friendly and there are not distinct cliques. Even though its expensive, it's worth every penny for the social experience, personal developement, and overall education I am getting at Ursuline. If you decide to come here, you will NOT regret it.

Posted February 2, 2010

Although I am not a fan of the social environment at Ursuline, I am definitely more than pleased with the academics of the school. I am a senior, and there is no doubt in my mind, that if I would have attended a different school, I would not have received nearly the same education. Ursuline definitely prepares you for college entrance exams and SAT scores tend to be very high. Everyone is accepted into great schools. Thus far we have had acceptance from MIT, University of Chicago, Norte Dame, Georgetown, and Stanford as well as many other great school. I got into my first-choice and couldn't be happier. If you attend Ursuline, there is an amazing chance of you getting into your dream school. Ursuline will without a doubt prepare you!

Posted June 11, 2009

im currently a student and i have never loved going to school so much everyday. because there are no boys, its stress free & we know the work we do today will pay off in the future =)

Posted April 29, 2009

All of the girls in the school are so down to earth, no one is snobby or rude. Most of the teachers are amazing and really care about your work.

Posted December 18, 2008

Ursuline is a great school! It is awesome both academically and in athletics.

Posted July 7, 2008

I am a parent of a 10th grader. My daughter loves everything about Ursuline. I have met other parents who are wonderful and very friendly. The teachers and administration are excellent. The school has everything- great academic and sports program in addition to numerous extracurricular activities for the girls. I am not wealthy and the tuition is high for me but it is worth every dollar.

Posted July 7, 2008

graduated in 2008. every highschool has its ups and downs, but compared to my friends that attended other schools, my exprience was far better. i loved most of my teachers, the buildings, and the friends i made there. will miss it dearly.

Posted May 19, 2008

The School is wonderful and so are the teachers. I love it there it is a great experience.

Posted May 15, 2008

I am also a 9th grader in this school, and I know for sure that not everyone here is wealthy and owns designer things. At the beginning of the year, I too felt like I didn't fit in and seriously considered transferring. I do not wear Juicy or Abercrombie, and a lot of people aren't from Westchester! Soon I realized that Ursuline is a place where there is someone for everyone, and I know that throughout my next three years here, I will make great lasting friendships and receive a great education.

Posted March 3, 2008

I am at 9th grade in this school and all the girls make me feel like I am nothing just because I dont live in Westchester and my parents dont have great cars & huge houses . Just because I dont wear Juicy Cotoure and Abercrombie , I'm a 'bad person'. All the girls are catty girls & i dont fit in here ! To tell you the truth : if your not wealthy and dont own designer things dont come here. I want to get out and go to Preston , where almost everyone accepts you.

Posted October 20, 2006

I graduated from Ursuline in 2001 and feel so privleged to have gone to this school. I always look back on my time there as the best time of my life. My teachers were terrific. They really cared about their students individually and many would stay late after school to provide study sessions or help struggling students. The environment was always very nuturing, and they have an excellent alumni program that helps keep everyone connected after graduation. The friends I made at Ursuline (and there were many!) are still the best and closest friends I have today and we all have the same great feelings about our school. If I have a daughter I will definitely hope she attends Ursuline because I couldn't think of a better school for any young woman to grow up in.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 25, 2006

Attending Ursuline changed my life. Not only did it prepare me, above and beyond for college, I also made friends that I will have for a lifetime. My friends and I graduated almost 5 years ago and still talk about our Ursuline days as some of our best. We all hope to send our daughters there!
—Submitted by a former student

Asian 5% N/A
Asian N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Eileen F. Davidson
  • All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
  • NCGS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1354 North Ave