Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
as far as I see, students are fairly treated and are taught to respect other students - even those showing possible defects.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
I remember how my son was called in to help another newly joined kid from another class because he barely can speak English. Teacher from another class wants to know how he felt on his first day and is there anything they can do. I did appreciate the caring and helps and I am happy my son can help there.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
like all New York Schools Battery Park City school is filled with kids from varying background and they are all well treated. And teachers do try to establish importance of honesty, integrity of fairness.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 31, 2016
I feel lucky that the school has good teachers as they are the first several role models young kids will learn from in their life. A good and carrying teacher means a lot and I am happy that my son loves his teachers and he loves going to school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 31, 2016
Teachers constantly sends update in the form of emails and talk to parents about their kids' status.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 31, 2016
homework is not enough and too easy especially when it comes to math. Reading is okay though science & math should see more focus.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 31, 2016
teachers constantly encourage students to take on more advanced materials though I wish it can be more frequent and more challanging

Posted May 31, 2016
Teachers are great and my son loves his school and teachers. The administrators and after school staff are nice and too. It also has the added advantage that afterschool program is offered in the same building so making it easier for parents. Classes are equipped with teachers who are devoted to their work and constantly trying to improve. I remember seeing kids in tears to say bye to their teachers when they have to go to next grade. The only two possible down sides IMHO (but not really specific to Battery Park City School) is: a) course contents are still too basic probably school should try to upgrade the course material to increase the competitiveness, especially when the ranking does not seem to hold stable year from year; b) when my son was in his first and second grades he sometimes reported he got bullied by older graders which I think probably worth more attention.

Posted August 07, 2014
Teacher, administrators, and the entire staff are amazing. My child transferred here from another public school. This school goes above and beyond to ensure each child is receiving a positive experience. My child has totally improved in reading, writing, and mathematics because of their strong teachers and curriculum. When the time comes, I am praying my child will attend the middle school as I know some parents who send their children there and are extremely happy. I am beyond thrilled with our experience at PS/IS 276.

Posted July 09, 2014
BEST SCHOOL EVER!!! My oldest son studied since the first year that the school was opened at IS 276 .I'm moving to Battery Park in order that my two other kids will study there next year. What a wonderful experience!!

55 Battery Pl, New York, NY  10011
Last modified Battery Park City School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.