Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Vanguard High School 4

Posted July 22, 2015
The learning environment in this school is great. Every person is allowed to be who they are without being criticized or bullied. The principal (Bill), vice principal (Erica), and most of the staff's first interest is in our children's education and building on what they already know. When my daughter started here she was extremely antisocial. Now she has friends, good grades and is truly learning what she needs to know to be prepared for college. I'm hoping that my other daughter gets into this school for September 2015. Great learning environment for everyone. Every year or after each semester is over REQUEST your child's transcripts so that you know they are on track as well.

Vanguard High School 1

Posted November 02, 2014
One of the worst high schools in Manhattan. The security is bad, education is way behind than - everything that my daughter has learned in middle school my son is learning in his second year. It's absolutely horrible. I'm in the process of transferring my son.

Posted October 08, 2013
I took my son out of Catholic school and enrolled him in Vanguard and I could never have been more happy. The Principal, Vice Principal and Guidance Counselor are always there for the students and parents. They even have the best security guards that I have ever. encountered. They have a clear understanding on what it takes to have your children actually enjoy going to school.

Posted September 04, 2013
I LIKE EVETHING THIS SCHOOL. ITS EXCELLENT SCHOOL. FOR ME IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL

Vanguard High School 4

Posted September 01, 2013
Vanguard high school is doing great, improving day by day, helping students in every subject they need help. I am very proud to said the my son is 90% honor roll student.

Vanguard High School 3

Posted May 19, 2013
My son attends vanguard high school. He really likes the school. The school offers many different types of programs. Vanguard is also involved in many colleges programs. It's tries to get all the childred ready for college. The only problem is more parents need to be involved . My son wanted a small school. And he very happy at vanguard. He is doing well.

Posted June 24, 2009
This is school is amazing! Teachers, Peers, Staff; All get along with no problem. Classes are very motivating & hard but with the help of teachers they make sure you understand topics fluently. This school is performance based, which means instead of taking tests we have to perform our knowledge through PBAs (performance based assesments), which are evaluated by staff & peers in order to show that you have the full knowledge and understanding of the topic/subject. This requires using evidence & your thinking of the topic. This is a difficult task because to succeed in doing so, you must have the power to back up your opinions, not to mention, get over stage fright! I, as a student of Vanguard, can definitely say that i have grown just by the everyday tasks and assignments we are put to do.

Vanguard High School

Posted April 03, 2008
This a great school for kids, my sons goes to this school and it is excellent. The teachers are very close to point where the teachers are actually teaching and students receive the information with no problem

Vanguard High School 2

Posted October 08, 2003
This school has lost at least 6 science teachers in the past year and a half! What chance does my child have to pass her regents?

Vanguard High School
317 East 67th Street, New York, NY  10065
Last modified Vanguard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.