/ School Profile

East Side Community School 3

Posted May 24, 2014
My son was in this school through 6-8th grade and we had an AMZING time, until about 8th grade. The math teacher is VERY tough, more than once she threatened my son when he didn't know the answers. Multiple parents have complained about her throwing pens at the students. The counselor is a nightmare she convinced me to send my child to a horrible school where he gets bullied. The principle is amazing and so supportive. I would have loved to keep my child in this school but the Math teacher for 8th grade needs to be REMOVED ! And lose her license

Posted January 14, 2014
I have two children in this school one in middle school one in high school and I love it...it is one of the best school on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. the teachers are great the administration is wonderful and the principal is so dedicated, wouldn't have my kids anywhere else

Posted June 14, 2011
One of the best schools in New york. Principal is excellent,,,and teachers are very dedicated.

East Side Community School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
I would like to say that I love the school my son attends and I love the communication that I have with the teachers and the prinicapl and I like the staff and they always have the best attitude with the parents and they help with the children and help the family with anything we need help with.

Posted August 10, 2008

Posted May 23, 2008

Posted November 13, 2005
Teachers here are very committed. Many come from Ivy League schools and routinely go beyond the call of duty in their teaching and reaching out to kids. Instruction is excellent and creative. Students are known well by their teachers and don't fall through the cracks. Excellent arts program. Jill Herman, former principal, put this school on the map. Very diverse. Great atmosphere. I wish I taught here.

East Side Community School 3

Posted May 05, 2005

East Side Community School
420 East 12th Street, New York, NY  10009
Last modified East Side Community School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Side Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top