/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted April 27, 2014
This school has a an amazing Art teacher and dedicated Art room amongst other great teachers!

Posted September 01, 2013
I went to this school before. Class of '07. Got to say that I have shared many fond memories in that school.great school.helped me a lot in picking a great middle school. Has a close knit family relationship. Still visit sometimes when I get the chance.

Posted November 30, 2012
This school is a gem!!!! A great community, led by a wonderfully open principal. The staff is kind, deeply interested in the community and helping those in it to grow and develop to the best of their abilities. Many new things have come into the school, including Rosie's Theater Kids and Wellness in the Schools along with City Harvest cooking classes. An award winning chess team, Urban Voices, and an active PA. The community is supportive and the staff has worked hard to bring in Stufdent Goverrnment,and a yearbook. We are sorry to leave;our child will be oing off to middle school. In the process of applying to middle schools, we have noted many times how lucky we have been to have the community and staff at 98 for our child to be a part of. She has grown into a responsible, involved member of her school community. The art teacher, librarian, music teacher and many others commit to hours after school to ensure that programs like Little Kids Rock are provided for the children. With support from parents, more could happen....Curriculum and events at the school coincide for wonderful experiences.

Posted June 08, 2011
Our child's teacher is very kind and nurturing. The library and librarian are stellar. The art teacher and art room are great. The chess team took 1st place last year at nations and 4th place this year. The "Little Kids Rock" program does amazing stuff. The students are very sweet and very good kids.Wellness in the schools will be working with our kitchen and cafeteria staff in the fall. The facility is sunny and inspires good feelings. Check it out. 98 is a lovely place.

Posted April 26, 2010
I love the school because it provides my children with a loving nurturing academic environment, in which they are learning in both English and Spanish

Ps 98 Shorac Kappock 3

Posted February 05, 2010
Teachers and or staff or unbelievably hard to get in contact with.

Posted November 23, 2009
I truly feel that my son learned nothing in this school... and some of the staff are very unprofessional

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted October 07, 2009
I am pleased with the education being provided to my son. This is his second year attending the school and administration is very caring and accommodating. However, they still need to come into the 21st century and integrate technology throughout the entire school.

Posted April 01, 2009
I think this overall this school is ok. However, there is a lack of communication with the school and the parents. The staff needs to be more up-to-date with information and more aware of what is going on in the school. The teachers should be using technology to reach out to the parents and visa versa, such as communicating via email. This school also lacks a proper website that parents can access. Notices are sent home late, for example my child class always sends home the parent permission slip a day or two before the trip. This should be done at least two weeks in advanced. This way parents that work can make arrangements to attend/chaperone on the trip.

Ps 98 Shorac Kappock
512 West 212th Street, New York, NY  10034
Last modified Ps 98 Shorac Kappock is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 98 Shorac Kappock Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top