/ School Profile
New York, NY

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 4

Posted April 18, 2014
Very dedicated and caring administration and teachers trying to make things better every day in a difficult situation

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 5

Posted September 11, 2013
PS 140 is amazing! They truly want children to learn and will take the time to teach the kids that aren't able to learn as quick as the others. Their staff is courteous, sympathetic and have great technics to teach children. If they had additional funding they would definitely put it to good use. My eldest graduated from this school and my little one is still there and he loves the teachers and so did my eldest. They take the time to not only teach them education; they also teach them social skills and responsibility. When asked from other parents about PS 140 I can only think of positive things to say. From the moment you walk in the building you are greeted and willing to help you or steer you in the direction you need. I'm happy my kids went and still go to PS140. My son now in High School is pleased to pick up his brother at PS140 as it gives him a chance to see his previous teachers and catch up with the staff. He said he would never forget them. They truly deserve to win the $5000.

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 4

Posted June 24, 2011
GREAT SCHOOOOOL!!! awesome teachers and this school really prepare the students for real life and have much to offer! P.S. 140 really has a family that cares and supports us soooooo much!!!!!

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 5

Posted April 08, 2009
Super awesome for education, great teachers who work well with the students

Ps 140 Nathan Straus

Posted August 14, 2008
I disagree with some of the things that the parent below me had to say . I just graduated from 8th grade this year and I can say it was an excellent year . The graduation setup was not poor . And the teachers there really care for us . We call it the P.S.140 family . This school may not be rich but I believe that many teachers care for us .

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 2

Posted November 10, 2005
I agree with the person who commented that the school is terrible. They do have many uptight teachers that are not willing to teach the students and really don't care. But there are a few really excellent teachers. Their graduation setups are very poor. They require all of this money from the students for cap and gowns and then they give them this very poor graduation. I did not send my son to graduation last year because of this. I would recommend that you send your child elsewhere.

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 3

Posted August 14, 2005
This is an average K-8 school that focuses on improving achievement for its students. There are many opportunities for enrichment and the staff is generally caring and helpful

Ps 140 Nathan Straus 1

Posted July 21, 2004
This Public School is horrible. The teachers are uptight and are not willing to teach their students. All they care about is getting their salary than teaching their students some decent education. The teachers also do not respect their students. So please I advice all parents to NOT enroll thier children to this school. It is not worth it.

Ps 140 Nathan Straus
123 Ridge Street, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Ps 140 Nathan Straus is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 140 Nathan Straus Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top