/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted December 15, 2014
I totally agree with the parent's review with the principal being extremely rude and ignorant. She doesn't deal or acknowledge situations she rather brush them under the rug. The principal and the school secretary don't want any issues being brought to the office, they want the teachers to handle them. It's the principal's duty to hand and rectify issues not the teacher's sole responsibility. There is no degree needed for that just basic common sense!! What's even worst is that the principal will ask certain parent's or even staff members to write a positive review about the school. If a principal is doing a wonderful job,and you are secure with what you are doing is proper than positive reviews should be done without asking!!!! I can certainly see why parent's are already discussing not returning next year!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 15, 2014
I agree with both parents below. How situations are handeled at this school is horrible and its not getting better. The way in which the principal addresses and deals with situations is why parents new and old are removing their children some of which have attended for years. She is always on the defense and never has a clear answer on anything. She has multiple people doing multiple jobs that they are not quilified to do. There is never any consquences for behavior that is not tolerated at other schools. Chairs have been thrown at teachers, children have brought bb guns to school and were allowed to be privately tutored and not expelled. This can no longer be tolerated. The school has the potential to be great but unless the administration changes. As peviouly shown in other posts, I am sure there will be a glowing review opposing all that has been said about the principal commming shortly.

Posted December 12, 2014
DO NOT SEND YOUR KID HERE!!!! The principal is extremely rude and ignorant. I've approached her on occasions with issues and rather than being concerned and sympathetic she is arrogant, belittling and defensive. She does not acknowledge the issues at hand. I cant wait till some one sues or someone puts her in her place. With all the things other parents have been talking about that goes on, its bound to happen.

Posted October 12, 2014
We recently enrolled our daughter at this school for kindergarten and could not be happier. The principal is wonderful and the front office staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Our daughter is developing beautifully and we cannot wait until our son is old enough to enroll. So happy to be a part of the community of ICS!

Posted September 21, 2014
Our experience -- with three children -- at Immaculate has been completely different from that which the previous two parents describe. We can't feel happier than to have found this wonderful school! Our oldest was very well prepared for high school, and each if them were well prepared for the NY State Tests, bringing home scores to show it. Teachers are wonderful -- that is true. But a cold and distant front office? Are you sure it is Immaculate being written about? The principal can't be more welcoming, friendly, informative, and supportive of the entire school community. The office staff is equally professional. This school provides great academics and wonderful Catholic values. So glad to be a part of it!

Immaculate Conception School 2

Posted September 12, 2014
I have just enrolled my daughter in the school and while her teacher is very nice and informative , the front end office is not. To say the principal is welcoming and friendly would be a huge overstatement . The principal was very cold towards the students and does not seem to enjoy working with children. Not sure if I will keep my child enrolled. I want an environment where I feel like everyone is there for the same reason and that reason is our children achieving academic success. Major downfall of this school is the principal and front office.

Posted January 19, 2014
Being a former parent of a graduate from Immaculate Conception, the school prepared our child for High School. She started from Pre-K and worked all the way to graduation in 8th grade. The teachers, teacher's aids, and all the support staff are warm and welcoming. They have the best interest of the students in mind. I constantly send any families looking for a great school to check out ICS. You won't be disappointed!

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted April 25, 2013
As an alumni of ICS, I have to say, it's a great school. That being said, you really have to take an open house to see if it's best for your child. The elementary school is fantastic, yet the middle school lacks. Mr. Stark is the best teacher for the middle school; he knows his stuff and I can honestly say his tips for high school has helped me so much. The others are great, but the administration lets ANYONE in these days. I mean the kids who have bad attitudes, etc. They really need to fix that, because ICS has gained a bad rep for this. Honestly, I think ICS is a school with great potential, but hey, the parish is FANTASTIC!

Posted March 18, 2013
My child is attending Immaculate Conception School. He loves the school and teachers!- They are caring and warm. As a parent, I know what he is learning not like some other schools he attended. The kids are nice. The teachers take their time to explain to the students the material. This is important .. As for the lunches , all of the schools within NYC have the same lunches. The lunches are part of the board of ed. The principal is nice and approachable.

Immaculate Conception School 3

Posted December 08, 2012
The education at ics is very good and it is a very challenging school , but if you are a basketball star or enjoy extracurricular activities this isn't the right place for u. recess is terrible , lunch is terrible , specials are terrible (except for gym)very nice teachers though

Immaculate Conception School
419 East 13th Street, New York, NY  10009
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top