Posted October 12, 2014
We recently enrolled our daughter at this school for kindergarten and could not be happier. The principal is wonderful and the front office staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Our daughter is developing beautifully and we cannot wait until our son is old enough to enroll. So happy to be a part of the community of ICS!

Immaculate Conception School 2

Posted September 22, 2014
I am a parent of Immaculate and my spouse and I are very happy with the academics our child has received. As for the professionalism of the Principal she is not informative at all nor is the main office. I have witness the Principal and the Secretary speak to parents in a rude manner and have even belittle parents. The children pray every morning which a wonderful but parents are thrown out of the gym rather than encouraging parents to join them in prayer. As a Catholic parent we strongly should be ask to stay to support and continue to instill the Catholic values in our children.

Posted September 21, 2014
Our experience -- with three children -- at Immaculate has been completely different from that which the previous two parents describe. We can't feel happier than to have found this wonderful school! Our oldest was very well prepared for high school, and each if them were well prepared for the NY State Tests, bringing home scores to show it. Teachers are wonderful -- that is true. But a cold and distant front office? Are you sure it is Immaculate being written about? The principal can't be more welcoming, friendly, informative, and supportive of the entire school community. The office staff is equally professional. This school provides great academics and wonderful Catholic values. So glad to be a part of it!

Immaculate Conception School 2

Posted September 12, 2014
I have just enrolled my daughter in the school and while her teacher is very nice and informative , the front end office is not. To say the principal is welcoming and friendly would be a huge overstatement . The principal was very cold towards the students and does not seem to enjoy working with children. Not sure if I will keep my child enrolled. I want an environment where I feel like everyone is there for the same reason and that reason is our children achieving academic success. Major downfall of this school is the principal and front office.

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted September 11, 2014
I am a new parent at this school. From my first impression the office is unfriendly and unwelcoming. The Principal is not friendly. On the first day of school she made my wife and I leave our child, who is new to the school, while she was crying. Parents were clueless to the procedures and what was going to happen. It was complete choas. I expected a warm welcome and greeting from the principal which was not what was received. We were told by another parent who is not new to the school that a warm greeting from the principal and will never be received and this is why several parents have pulled out their children. We are discussing whether this was the right school for our child.

Posted January 19, 2014
Being a former parent of a graduate from Immaculate Conception, the school prepared our child for High School. She started from Pre-K and worked all the way to graduation in 8th grade. The teachers, teacher's aids, and all the support staff are warm and welcoming. They have the best interest of the students in mind. I constantly send any families looking for a great school to check out ICS. You won't be disappointed!

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted April 25, 2013
As an alumni of ICS, I have to say, it's a great school. That being said, you really have to take an open house to see if it's best for your child. The elementary school is fantastic, yet the middle school lacks. Mr. Stark is the best teacher for the middle school; he knows his stuff and I can honestly say his tips for high school has helped me so much. The others are great, but the administration lets ANYONE in these days. I mean the kids who have bad attitudes, etc. They really need to fix that, because ICS has gained a bad rep for this. Honestly, I think ICS is a school with great potential, but hey, the parish is FANTASTIC!

Posted March 18, 2013
My child is attending Immaculate Conception School. He loves the school and teachers!- They are caring and warm. As a parent, I know what he is learning not like some other schools he attended. The kids are nice. The teachers take their time to explain to the students the material. This is important .. As for the lunches , all of the schools within NYC have the same lunches. The lunches are part of the board of ed. The principal is nice and approachable.

Immaculate Conception School 3

Posted December 08, 2012
The education at ics is very good and it is a very challenging school , but if you are a basketball star or enjoy extracurricular activities this isn't the right place for u. recess is terrible , lunch is terrible , specials are terrible (except for gym)very nice teachers though

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted November 24, 2012
I must say, we picked this school because it is Catholic, and it is close to our house. Our daughter goes to K there, and she tells me the teacher's assistant, the lady that is old and has blonde hair, yells at them all day long, and is always upset. The had head lice three times this year, and parents were never notified. This school fails to take their responsibility toward childhood seriously. She often complains that the teachers don't let them play, and when they are allowed to play, they can't pick which toys to play with, the teacher picks the toys and brings them to each table. How good can a school who does that for five year olds be? My daughter knows her abc's, I picked this school so she could play, and be in a healthy and safe environment while she learns to socialize through play, but she hardly ever gets to do that.

Immaculate Conception School
419 East 13th Street, New York, NY  10009
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top