/ School Profile
New York, NY

St Ignatius Loyola School 2

Posted June 15, 2014
Lord help us! This school has the potential to be outstanding but the principal is not a leader and doesn't possess even modest skills that should be essential to this position. I could describe her as defensive, abrasive, ignorant and spiteful. She is definitely resting on previous principals' laurels in claiming "Blue Ribbon School" status(2010-2011). Buyer beware!

St Ignatius Loyola School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
Do not send your child here ...on the very surface it looks good but the education is sub-par, children are stiffed and the administration from the top down wants absolutely no input or involvement from parents. Not to get into the principal who is one of the most unenlightened 'educators' anyone could encounter. Some of the teachers should have long since retired, the rest are(in general..not all) average and overworked at best with 30 plus children in a classroom and no extra help ...there is no imagination and almost no creative thinking...astounding for the location and the parent base. You could be stepping into the 1950s or earlier if you were allowed past the front door of the school which as a parent you are not. Repressive, prison-like, and unless you are a clueless lamb this is not a place for anyone with a free thinking bone in their body. Additionally, no one dares to speak their mind for fear of the repercussions for their children, there is no forum for that whatsoever, it is put up or shut up or leave. All true, please don't think of going here or your children will be miserable as will you.

St Ignatius Loyola School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
Strength: Religion. The other three Rs are hit or miss, with the misses too frequent. The principal has zero leadership skill; no public speaking capacity; and a default answer of "no" to good ideas. Good teachers tend to leave; those going through the motions tend to stay. The principal is the problem.

St Ignatius Loyola School 1

Posted September 22, 2013
LICE! MS LARKIN refuses to screen the elementary school children every year, so parents have to pay ($600) every year to take car of the problem. Its horrible to have to do this year after year when i simple screening would stop the spread of lice.. 2nd, 4th and 5th grades Sept 2013 all have LICE ...

Posted May 11, 2012
I love Saint Ignatius Loyola School. When I step into that door, I see a great, heart warming community. The academics are amazing, and the teachers embrace you and love it when you try your hardest. I have many friends in that school, and the principle is full of love and good spirits. It is a place that is like my second home.

Posted November 18, 2010
Although my sons are now adults, I look back at the education they received at SIL very fondly. They received a stellar education in the basics of Language Arts and the basic foundation of Math skills. This is going back quite far in the days of Sr. Audrey as principal and Mrs. Wescott as the wonderful and nurturing Kindergarten teacher. Sr. Genevieve, Sr. Francis...all just wonderful educators. I can only hope that when my sons have children of their own, they remember the wonderful values, community and education they received at this school. In addition, I've yet to meet a finer group of parents associated with any other school than SIL!

Posted March 22, 2010
I am a recent alumni and I hve nothing to say but that it was the best school experience I've had in my life, though I may be biased after having gone to school there since kindergarten. Saint Ignatius has prepared me extremely well for high school at Marymount, which in itself, is very difficult to get into. The teachers push the students to strive to the best of their abilities and I just have to say thank you to them for helping me. They are also very understanding and offer help to the student when needed. The school has also been renovated, so the whole building has air conditioning, and each classroom has a smartboard which makes learning in the classrooms much easier.

St Ignatius Loyola School 4

Posted March 04, 2010
I am an alumni. Excellent school, loved the memories, teachers were amazing, high school is easy because of Saint Ignatius. The only prob was their rules were funny. They would get upset about the weirdest things. Sometimes we would have fun and play with each other and mess around with each other, we would be kids, friends, but they would get all uptight about it and say you can't do that or why are you doing that??? It made no sense but otherwise it was a great school with great academics, and great opportunities.

Posted June 16, 2009
Top notch school in every respect. Very strong academically, great teachers and leadership, strong family values. My children love the school.

St Ignatius Loyola School 4

Posted June 10, 2009

St Ignatius Loyola School
48 East 84th Street, New York, NY  10028
Last modified St Ignatius Loyola School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Ignatius Loyola School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top