/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted January 21, 2015
Winston Prep is a unique and wonderful school where everyone - the deans, teachers, nd students - is interested in understanding how our kids learn and making sure that all obstacles are cleared so that our kids can reach their full potential. The educators teach to the kids learning style and level. The Focus teachers deal with the issues that can get in the way of education - whether they be social issues, organizational issues or educational issues. The atmosphere is positive and fun. Kids love being there. As a parent, I now have a group of strong, highly competant partners who are working to ensure that my child succeeds.

Posted October 29, 2014
This is my son's first year and so far, it's been pretty wonderful. The staff seems to have a deep understanding of how to support kids who have learning issues, and they are very strategic in the way they teach. We are already seeing big positive changes in my son and frankly, we're kind of amazed.

Posted April 24, 2014
Winston Prep is a great school for students who learn differently. Before I went here, my language wasn't a success. Therefore, my self-advocacy was lacking. Then, I met with a 1-on-1 "focus teacher" who truthfully told me that I needed to work on a few skills in order to succeed and they will believe in you. Also, the academic support is excellent and students there graduate with a diploma. Every teacher here cares about you no matter who you are. One thing to watch out for is classroom behavior. Sometimes I have to deal with class moving at a slower pace because it will help the others out. If that ever happens, every student should feel free to talk to a teacher; it really helps. Now I feel more confident about college, thanks to Winston Prep.

Posted April 17, 2014
For Children that Learn Differently, Winston Prep is a Great fit. The Educators are far more than just "teacher's", they are a group of caring individuals who care more about the student than about the "job".

Posted February 07, 2014
The school is warm and welcome to all families and students. I can't imagine working somewhere with a more passionate group of teachers, who are continually thoughtful and diagnostic of each student's learning needs.

Winston Preparatory School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
The lack of communication at the school is profound. While my son struggled and struggled, they continually let me know too late that he was not doing well. A big disaster.

Posted September 24, 2013
I agree with the Parent that believes the School doesn't need negative, unprofessional, disrespectful remarks against Dean Wm D; however as with everything, there is a back story. I can only rely on my experience and the right in this forum to comment. You are entitled to your comments as well. As the satisified Parent you are, I respect your statements & I am honestly not focused on whether you respect mine...

Winston Preparatory School 1

Posted June 30, 2013
My son went there several years ago and it was a major disaster. I felt that he was mistreated and wrongly evaluated and it took them two years to get things right but it was too late. I feel that there is a reverse prejudice in place The headmaster is so sure that he is correct that he refuses to hear any alternative opinions

Winston Preparatory School 0

Posted November 02, 2010
I can really see the differents in my daughters outlook with her school work. She is appling herself more than ever. I really believe that this is an excellent school enviroment for her. Thank you

Winston Preparatory School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
Because I can see the type of students it produces, some of the best in the world. Well rounded and balanced!!

Winston Preparatory School
126 West 17th Street, New York, NY  10011
Last modified Winston Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Winston Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top