/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted October 29, 2014
This is my son's first year and so far, it's been pretty wonderful. The staff seems to have a deep understanding of how to support kids who have learning issues, and they are very strategic in the way they teach. We are already seeing big positive changes in my son and frankly, we're kind of amazed.

Posted April 24, 2014
Winston Prep is a great school for students who learn differently. Before I went here, my language wasn't a success. Therefore, my self-advocacy was lacking. Then, I met with a 1-on-1 "focus teacher" who truthfully told me that I needed to work on a few skills in order to succeed and they will believe in you. Also, the academic support is excellent and students there graduate with a diploma. Every teacher here cares about you no matter who you are. One thing to watch out for is classroom behavior. Sometimes I have to deal with class moving at a slower pace because it will help the others out. If that ever happens, every student should feel free to talk to a teacher; it really helps. Now I feel more confident about college, thanks to Winston Prep.

Winston Preparatory School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
For Children that Learn Differently, Winston Prep is a Great fit. The Educators are far more than just "teacher's", they are a group of caring individuals who care more about the student than about the "job".

Winston Preparatory School 5

Posted February 07, 2014
The school is warm and welcome to all families and students. I can't imagine working somewhere with a more passionate group of teachers, who are continually thoughtful and diagnostic of each student's learning needs.

Winston Preparatory School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
The lack of communication at the school is profound. While my son struggled and struggled, they continually let me know too late that he was not doing well. A big disaster.

Posted September 24, 2013
I agree with the Parent that believes the School doesn't need negative, unprofessional, disrespectful remarks against Dean Wm D; however as with everything, there is a back story. I can only rely on my experience and the right in this forum to comment. You are entitled to your comments as well. As the satisified Parent you are, I respect your statements & I am honestly not focused on whether you respect mine...

Winston Preparatory School 1

Posted June 30, 2013
My son went there several years ago and it was a major disaster. I felt that he was mistreated and wrongly evaluated and it took them two years to get things right but it was too late. I feel that there is a reverse prejudice in place The headmaster is so sure that he is correct that he refuses to hear any alternative opinions

Winston Preparatory School 0

Posted November 02, 2010
I can really see the differents in my daughters outlook with her school work. She is appling herself more than ever. I really believe that this is an excellent school enviroment for her. Thank you

Winston Preparatory School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
Because I can see the type of students it produces, some of the best in the world. Well rounded and balanced!!

Posted August 17, 2010
If you child is high functioning with high IQ and has a learning disability this is an amazing school. The class sizes are very small and they group the kids by issues and ability rather than by grade. The down side of this is that if you child is on the younger spectrum and in a class of student 1-2 years older they are exposed to and have to deal with certain social issues they may not be ready for. The school academics seem to be challenging and the attention they give to each child is amazing. They also have something called Focus, which is on on one time with a focus teacher each day to help the student with what ever specific issues they need to work on. There is no other LD school that offers this.

Winston Preparatory School
126 West 17th Street, New York, NY  10011
Last modified Winston Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Winston Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top