/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted September 11, 2014
MAGNET Schools are better than Charter Schools. I love P.S. 241/ STEM Institute of Manhattan! Encouraging interest in STEM related careers early in children's lives will boost their interest later on and have them psyched to absorb all they can about STEM fields. STEM Careers are the Future! This school is very unique. It is one of two only in NY State and the ONLY STEM centered Elementary School in NYC. We have a new principal named Mr. Savitz. He truly cares about the kids and their education! My kids love it here and so do I!

Stem Institute Of Manhattan 1

Posted May 21, 2009

Stem Institute Of Manhattan 0

Posted February 28, 2009
At PS/MS 241 Family Academy our students enjoy their academic instructions in Math, Science, ELA and Social Studies in grades Pre-K through 8th grades. We have several prorams, athletic, technology, arts, music and dance. This year our students are putting on a theatre performance 'Guys and Dolls' musical.

Stem Institute Of Manhattan 0

Posted November 30, 2008
Family academy was a good school, when I was going.......... But when they moved it became worst.I was sometimes scared to go to school, because the kids were mean and always wanted to fight you.

Posted December 18, 2007

Stem Institute Of Manhattan 1

Posted February 21, 2005
My child started going to family academy in the 6th grade. When i first heard of this school it was located on 121 st between 7th and 8th ave.The feelings i got from this school was how wonderful it is and how they really cared about their student. I was told it was a charter school, i couldn't wait for my child to recieve this good education.By time i put my child in they had relocated the school to a most undesirable area and it went down hill from there. All the good teachers left and the students all they seem to care about was fighting. Even the principal did not know how to handle any given situations.There are no extracurricular activities to help the student learn more , not even a afterschool program.It really hurts to say this but this school really disappointed me to the fullest

Posted March 18, 2004

Stem Institute Of Manhattan
240 West 113th Street, New York, NY  10026
Last modified Stem Institute Of Manhattan is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stem Institute Of Manhattan Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top