/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted May 23, 2014
the center school is first rate. my son's performance has improved dramatically in all subjects

Ms 243 Center School 4

Posted March 25, 2014
1 1 1 11 1 1 11 1 1 11 1 1 11 1 1 11 1 1 1

Ms 243 Center School 2

Posted March 25, 2014
test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test

Ms 243 Center School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
Some teachers at this school are abusive and the principal does not care. I know for a fact they are under investigation but the DOE considers corporeal punishment a private human resources matter so even if charges are found to be substantiated there is no public record of this.

Posted November 21, 2011
I absolutely love everything about the Center School. My daughter just graduated June 2011 and my son is currently an 8th grader. If they could continue their high school years at Center School, they would. Students enjoy being there every day. Teachers are amazingly helpful, involved and well appreciated. Ms. Schwartz, Director of Center School is also amazing. She knows each student by their first name and it s not because they re in trouble, it s because she is in tuned to each child s academic performance. Parents are totally involved. I have not met one single parent that had or has anything negative to say about the Center School. If you were to ask any parent what would they change about Center School, they would probably say nothing or would really need to think about the question. Outstanding school!

Posted June 21, 2011
I am a former student of the Center School and I plan on sending my daughter there when she's in the 5th grade. Out of all of my school years the Center School left the biggest impression on me. It's not one of those big schools where you get lost in the shuffle and your teacher doesn't know your name. It's a community... it's a family. I recently saw one of the teachers on the train, she's still teaching at the school and she remembered me (10+ years since I graduated). In fact half of the teachers that were their when I was attending are still there. If that doesn't tell you a little something about the teacheers there I don't kow what does.

Posted June 12, 2009
Every day I'm thankful that my children (7th grader and 5th grader) are at the Center School. They continue to receive a steller education and exposure to things that rival many of the elite private schools. I'm convinced that any child who is willing to be challenged will come through their program a shining star!

Ms 243 Center School 1

Posted June 11, 2009
The Center School is easily the worst school in the city. It claims to be a 'community' but is hardly one. Do your child a favor and do not send them to this horrendous school.

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted February 07, 2009
We have sent all three of our children to Center School and they have received an outstanding education from a faculty that is creative and attends to the most important aspects of education, engagement and competence. All three of our children have been prepared and made it into the specialized high schools both science and the La Guardia. This small community really offers a private school education in a public school. The kids and adults make it a wonderfully loving community. You're lucky if you get the chance for your child to attend.

Ms 243 Center School
100 West 84th Street, New York, NY  10024
Last modified Ms 243 Center School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ms 243 Center School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top