Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted September 20, 2015
At first I have to say I was hesitant.. but everyone.. The principle and her staff .. everyone is always readily available..maybe u have to wait a few mins at times but nothing like omg did they forget me ...they are wonderful and I have not felt any regret in my decision after doing some research my son Is now in 3rd grade ... He started in in kinder.. everything is wonderful !!! The Nurse the Doctor on sTaff Amazing .. They Always make you Feel welcome and secure that your child is fine or will be etc! My son is currently a 3rd grader for the term 2015-2016 and will continue till 2018.. great school! Just a reminder every shool has its moments... The school is great they are offering more and more for the children each year.. and it seems that everone likes there jobs no one has a sad face... this is coming from a mom of three AGES ... 4.... 8.. and 16.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 20, 2015
Sandra is the nurse doctor counselor slash mom when parents are not around.. she is a nurse but she goes above and beyond .....Again I have to say all Lavoy Carmen Etc they all great Team Backing a Great Principle !

Posted November 14, 2013
This school is an excellent school. My 2 boys attend this school and they are doing so well academically. The teachers really do go out of their way to help each student and Mrs. Castillo/Mrs. Cruz are a great team administering this school together. Kudos to this school and to their staff!!!!

Posted May 16, 2013
The school is Great. I have two of my kids at PS83. The School have Great teachers , dedicated to their job. They provide excellent support on children academic. My daugther have increase her readind level and today she love to read. For me PS83 is just the best Ms Castillo, Ms Cruz , Teachers and staff make of PS83 a Great School.

Ps 83 Luis Munoz Rivera 4

Posted May 30, 2012
My son has been at PS 83 since the middle of the second grade. His 2nd grade teacher was great, however, his third grade teacher was not. His fourth/fifth grade teacher is excellent. She has reached my son to explore more of himself and his develop more of his potential. His reading level has increased and his math has much improved. As his parents, we too have worked to assure his success in elementary school by getting a tutor. My son has learned that education is important. He has grown to be a responsible young man. His experiences at PS 83 will be carried into middle school. I am confident that he will do well wherever he goes because he has the foundation that he acquired from PS 83. I want to thank Mrs. Castillo, Ms. Cruz, Mr. Gandia, all the office staff, security and especially Mrs. Graham, and all the teachers that supported my son's academic and personal growth. I know that together we guided my son in the right direction. Thank You!

Ps 83 Luis Munoz Rivera 1

Posted October 27, 2010
Unfortunately this is the direction a lot of our schools are going toward.They are unsuccessfully trying to accommodate people from different countries coming to America and Sadly forgetting the children who are born here.The children that couldn't go to another country and receive preferential treatment.But have to suffer under this oppressive state of affairs!!! Wake up people and take care of OUR future, no one is going to do it for us!!!

Posted March 12, 2010
ps83 programs has been a blessing to the children of the community and it will be great if it continues due to the circumstances. it will affect the children if their programs diminishes, so i hope that there will continue to have funds for their programs, school year and summer time as well if can.

Posted October 18, 2009
My son been in this school since Kimdergarden and I feel the teacher and staff are great. Love the school.

Ps 83 Luis Munoz Rivera 1

Posted October 05, 2009
The security in this school is extremely poor. School safety staff are always talking amongst each other anyone can walk in & out without being stopped. The principal is a joke!! She is unprofessional and does not support the working parents at all. Says she has an open door policy but she never even returns calls. If. You are a on any public assistance and are unemployed and are of mexican origin you will be top priorty in this school. This school doesnt offer any music or art and the after school programs are prioritized for non speaking unemployed parents.

Posted July 09, 2009
I love that the pricipal- Ms Castillo has an excellent memory of the kids names. She calls them on a first name basis. Everyone knows my child, they address me head on if my child was good, out of character, or rude. Thank you for all the teachers @this school. They work with me and my child.

219 East 109th Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Ps 83 Luis Munoz Rivera is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 83 Luis Munoz Rivera Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top