9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

St George Academy 1

Posted June 11, 2016
Overall, the year and half my daughter spent at St. George Academy was a pain in the neck. We could not transfer her in Junior year, since the college application was on its way; if we could? I would not have left my daughter in that school any longer. Don't recommend.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 11, 2016
The science teacher is valuable to thank, for he has been neutral or at least respectful of the students' opinions.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 11, 2016
Although I was looking for an affordable school, St. George Academy was not what I was looking for from an institute where students should learn and feel comfortable in the place where they spend most of the day. As a mother of 3, in my opinion, you are better off choosing another school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 11, 2016
The Mathematics teacher was overall respectful, hearing, empathizing, and easy to talk to; as opposite at the officials of the school.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 11, 2016
Determination? I don't really think it does. If there is persistence, in those two years my daughter attended St. George Academy, the only persistence was arrogance from school officials.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 11, 2016
My daughter was part of the journal staff, the volleyball club coordinator, the highest Science grader, and despite having those qualifications, non have been ever recognized, nor awarded to her, as opposite to other students who had not been as proficient.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 11, 2016
There is no feeling of integrity at this institute, starting from the officials, ending with some of the faculty member I've gotten to speak to.

St George Academy 1

Posted June 11, 2016
I can't think of a less hospital and unprofessional school. I sent my daughter for her sophomore and junior year at St. George Academy; now I can say I regret doing it. School officials are difficult to approach, for my daughter had to beg to receive her report card by the end of December for sending it to college she was applying to. My husband and I had to walk in in person to ask if we could exercise our right of receiving the report card of our daughter, and their answer:"what's up" We said "can we please have Hailey's report card for she's applying to college? The lady who apparently has been working at the school for decades, felt almost like we were trying to borrow money or something. It's always been a pressure-feeling like environment, every time there was a situation where interacting with school officials at St. George Academy was necessary. Although I was looking for an affordable school, St. George Academy was not an institute designed for students to learn and feel comfortable in the place where they spend most of the day, but overall those two years have been a pain in the neck; especially because we could not transfer in Junior year, since the college application was on its way. In conclusion, from a mother of 3, you are better off choosing another school.

215 East 6th Street, New York, NY  10003