Posted June 22, 2013
I see several negative reviews about PA II which prompted me to write my review. In my opinion, PA II is a very good school. I have twins who attend PA II - they are in the 5th grade and have been here since Kindergarten. Are there problems? Yes - but at most schools, there are problems. But on a scale of 1 - 10, I rate PA II as a high 8. Both my kids have done well academically each year. Almost all their teachers have been very good - they have been tough but approachable. Does the school emphasize tests ...yes and sometimes I think, too much. But tell me what schools in NY don't? And while there is a heavy emphasis on those state tests - they are learning and not merely memorizing. How do I know this - because they both have a love of learning and like going to school. Also, both my kids are involved in non-academic activties at the school - both during the day and in afterschool - and enjoy them. I am not saying that this school is the best for all kids - as a parent, you know your child and so this may not be the best school for your child ...but I give it high marks. My kids have been doing well here for 6 years. And more importantly, they like PA II.

Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter 1

Posted May 01, 2013
when this school first opened it was the best thing to hit Harlem so I thought. My son has been attending this school since he was 4 years old and he is now 7. Upon arriving to P.A 2 there has been nothing but prejudices against students and parents whom advocate for there children. The lack of communication the teachers and the Principal has with the parents is POOR! This school in my opinion is falling through the cracks due to hiring of teacher aids whom have absolutely no credentials to educate our children what they need to do is send them to take an anger management classes. I strongly advise parents not to send nor even consider sending there child to this school. There principal Ms.Sheryl Ra gland is absolutely unprofessional and extremely Ghetto and bias.

Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter 1

Posted February 09, 2011
My child is a former student of this school and I am so glad with my choice of terminating ties with the school. The prinicipal is so out of touch with parents. She punishes the parents who show involvement in the development and growth of their children. The turnover rate with faculty is unbelievable. They tout a reputation of caring and experienced but this is the farthest thing from the truth. They teach these children to "TEST" only. There is a broad area of learning which is lacking. Don't send your child hear for a quality education!

Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter 3

Posted May 10, 2010
I am a parent at this school Parent involvement is very bad at the school and not enough arts and social programs to give a well rounded education. But parent involvement is the key.

Posted May 03, 2010
Once again, Harlem rises to the occassion. I support everything that this school stands for. I have been a proud parent since DAY 1. 2005

Posted February 07, 2010
My son attends this school. I consider this school to be excellent, and commend it's mission and the hard work of the teachers and administration staff. The concerns that have been expressed by some parents about behavior issues in the school stems from the lack of parent involvement. Despite the efforts of the school to involve them more. Teachers and adminisitration can do so much. They are educators, counselors, interventionists, caretakers, etc...what more can you expect? Children and staff are together from 7:45 AM to 6 PM.

Posted January 26, 2010
my son attends HCZ's, PA2 and in terms of a dedication to education I gave this school a five star

Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter 5

Posted January 11, 2010
An effort is made to work with the students and their needs. There is an affirmational aspect to teaching.

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted December 19, 2008
I rate this school poorly. There is not enough parent involvment in this school. I am very disappointed at the teachers especially they are lacking respect for each other. I am a concern parent. My daughter had atteneded this school and she was bully by another child, administration never call me to inform me. my daughter came home crying that everyday she is being bully by a student. not once the teacher in that class call me about this problem. i soon took my daughter out of this school. this school is terrible in my opinion. I sat in a classroom and watch a child throw a chair across a room almost hitting another child. this is school is going down hill i am not happy with admininstration either.

Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter
2005 Madison Ave-2nd Fl, New York, NY  10035
Last modified Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-7
Harlem Children S Zone Promise Academy Ii Charter Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top