Bad
Good

this school is great! The teachers are amazing, the parents are very involved, and the school has an amazing after school program. this school is great!!!

Our child only attended this school for a few months in 2011 and I am so happy we took her out. Her teacher was always mean to her and telling her how bad she was rather than trying to help her or find help for her (she has since been put in a better school with teachers that have bent over backwards to get her the help she has been needing for her learning issues). Also while there, she was placed in a separate area from the other kids during class because of her issues - her teacher had been there for over 20 years and she didn't see the learning difficulties my daughter had? We had two meetings and I mentioned how I wanted testing and other things for her but my requests went unanswered or ignored. I asked about volunteering in the classroom and was told that would be a bad idea. ?!?! Shocking.

I think this school is far better than the other school district that I was living in. The teachers are very helpful and listen to well, at least my needs and concerns and do not blow me off. My child has since grown in a good way unlike the other school district where he was reserved and not learning so much because I felt the teachers was more about moving them up than actually seeing their flaws. This school is more personal with the parents making sure they get the parents involved with their child and school activites.

Last modified Newfane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.