Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son's special education teacher, Melissa Pedrone, was the worst! She never called me back. Absent frequently from important CSE meetings. She was loved by the principal she'd say to the kids. My son said the teacher assistant did "art" projects instead. It was not used to help him and other classmates as both wete never available. She gave them busy work, ditto after ditto. No wonder the school has such a low rating. The building itself is in ruins. Trashy.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Children with Special Needs are treated unfairly and seen as a nuisance. They are left out of certain things and thus the bullying goes on. Unreal. I can't believe this is a Long Island school.

A great school needs three elements: a great leader i.e. principal, engaged teachers, and involved parents. My experience so far with MGV is that we have all of those elements! My daughter's teacher for the 2012/2013 school year was awesome! I hope the quality that we've come to expect continues during our involvement and beyond with this school. As the academic expectations grow, I hope our community will come together and ensure that the teachers get the support they need and deserve to make sure I children have the best foundation possible to succeed.

I think MGV is a great school. The teachers and staff are awesome. I have 2 children that attend this school and they are very happy there. I think they are getting an excellent education. The teachers seem to go above and beyond what's expected from them. I have no complaints.

I have a child with adhd and the school has unveiled every resource possiable and through this, my child has progressed and succeding in her educational journey. The teachers and other staff are great. I couldnt ask for a better school.

This is the worst school I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. There is no organization at all, nobody ever knows what is really going on, and the schedule they make for events always changes the morning of, and most of the time, they don't inform anybody of it. Plain and simple -worst, worst, worst. I am moving to another town because of how terrible this school was.

M.G.V. is nothing short of a great school. My first daughter attended M.G.V. and left happy yet saddened because she loved it there. My 2nd grader too loves M.G.V. I have had absolutely no problems....Staff is great, safety comes first, and my children have excellent grades. Good behavior begins at home...Extra help is available for kids with needs. Great school!

My son went through this school and is now going into 10th grade and my daughter is currently on her way into 3rd grade. I feel that the teachers are very good for the most part as long as they keep the lines of communication open with the parents. This stands true for any school though. The children are safe in this environment. The teachers are loved by their students.

The teachers at M.G.V. have been nothing but supportive, and helpful getting my children back on track with their grades.

Test scores are way too low. I'm not an advocate for all these tests but MGV is at the bottom of the list in the NB School district. They used to be on the top about 5 yrs ago. I am not very impressed overall with this school or the district.

Last modified Marion G Vedder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.